Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lady Gaga - Chromatica (May 29, 2020) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Contender, Jan 21, 2020.

1. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

As much as I don't want to admit it, this is true. I don't know what Gaga was thinking when she pushed back the release date. I think it was at least partially a label decision. It's true that she can't market the same way as she'd explained in her Instagram post, but this is Lady Gaga we're talking about. If anyone can figure out how to deal with a marketing situation, it's her. Dua's album is fantastic and she deserves all the praise she's getting at the moment. What's going to be even worse for Gaga is if the album somehow leaks early like the single did, and that'll ruin her plans even further. I was very excited for this album (and still am), but I can't help but feel that this one is going to be botched by these decisions.

Also, look at The Weeknd. He went against his label's wishes and released the album anyways, and ended up with a billion streams the first week. I'd definitely call that a success.

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I feel bummed about it cus I really think she was set up for a huge success with this and it really was going to be hailed as her return to pop. Hopefully she can still pull it off. I mean either way I'm sure I'll love the album.

macbethfan likes this.
  3. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Agreed! I'm a big Gaga stan, and I'm still very excited about this album and I know I'm gonna love it. Just wish this rollout could've happened the way she envisioned it. :worried:

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  4. Has she ever "left" pop? The critics have all been off with Stupid Love's reception, and the narrative they pushed is annoying

5. heymattrick

Sending my love

Joanne was a very non-pop album. There were some instances of it, but even the poppier songs on that album aren’t very poppy. This was her return to releasing a straight up pop dance song.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

7. btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]
    album cover leaked

8. heymattrick

Sending my love

Cover art is fantastic.

Maybe she just drops the album this Friday anyway!! (message sent with invisible ink)

9. It's coming in June apparently

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That's an awesome cover, i love that

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

confirmed, and an announcement of some point tomorrow night on Fallon

12. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

pride month seems right for the album tbh

13. macbethfan likes this.
  14. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Apparently this is coming

macbethfan likes this.
  15. btr

Trusted Supporter

Can we update the thread title to TBA please?

16. Contender

No

GrantCloud and btr like this.
  17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

18. MayaWalker

A friend of mine directed a video for her that she did with R Kelly and played me the music video last night lol. Craziest thing I ever seen. The video was about R Kelly being her doctor lol. I feel like if she released it it would of caused a uproar lol. Love Gaga.

heymattrick likes this.
  19. Contender

[​IMG]

blackpink!!!!!!!!!!

20. Crisp X Apr 22, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 22, 2020)
    Last saturday's performance leaking
    Snippets leaking
    Announcing then cancelling right away a death themed makeup kit

And now, the tracklist being revealed by music stores, confirming the Blackpink feature rumor.

[​IMG]

1. Chromatica I
    2. Alice
    3. Stupid Love
    4. Rain On Me (feat. Ariana Grande)
    5. Free Woman
    6. Fun Tonight
    7. Chromatica II
    8. 911
    9. Plastic Doll
    10. Sour Candy (feat. BlackPink)
    11. Enigma
    12. Replay
    13. Chromatica III
    14. Sine From Above (feat. Elton John)
    15. 1000 Doves
    16. Babylon
    Target Bonus Tracks

17. Love Me Right
    18. 1000 Doves (Piano Demo)
    19. Stupid Love (Vitaclub Warehouse Mix)

edit: everything keeps leaking!!

Ben likes this.
  21. heymattrick Apr 22, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 22, 2020)
    heymattrick

Sending my love

Hello I am ready for another song please

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

gonna sing it's like 1000 doves when all you need is a knife and I'd walk 1000 doves for all eternity

23. Bane

The spiciest meme

Oh word she's bringing on a Kpop group that's not BTS? I'm down with that I've heard some Blackpink stuff

24. Black pink rules

25. Lady Gaga making Blackpink get possibly their only 2020 release isn't a development I expected