Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lady Bird (Greta Gerwig; November 10, 2017) Movie • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Aug 31, 2017.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. It's up on Amazon Prime now

oncenowagain likes this.
  3. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Watching this again and I really wish we had at least one more scene with the drama teacher and his depression. An odd choice to include it with no real resolution.

Movie still destroys me though, gonna join Man On The Moon and Good Will Hunting on my "comfort movie" list

4. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I get what you’re saying about the no resolution, but I think it just showed that people around lady bird has depression and she’s just oblivious to it. Not that the characters wear it on their sleeves or anything but it’s there. Like with her father, her best friend, etc

5. Lucas27

Trusted

Just saw this. Loved it. I can’t believe how much I liked the character of Christine. She could be awful, but she went about being awful in a way I could totally understand. Her character is developed so wonderfully and almost everything she did made me laugh. She had this theatrical flare that reminded me of a modern day, angsty adolescent Anne Shirley. Saoirse Ronan nailed it.

Favorite parts:

-When Lucas Hedges’ character comes out and Christine goes from being angry to completely caring. She’s so short-sighted until those she loves are in crisis mode. That moment was absolutely beautiful. Also, pretty sure Lucas Hedges is the best crier in movies. He’s amazing.

-When Timothée Chalamet’s character criticizes “Crash Into Me” and you can see the immediate change in Christine and she tells him she does, in fact, want to go to prom. Such a turning point for her character.

-The airport scene. Just gorgeous.

6. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I was a casual DMB fan in middle school (the height of Crash Into Me’s popularity) but since couldn’t care less about the band... Lady Bird’s fondness of the song in 2003 was so true to finding beauty in stuff often ridiculed by most. Also loved her justification of buying Greatest Hits CDs... it’s all the best songs.

CarpetElf and Lucas27 like this.
  7. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Just watched this for the first time and thought it was excellent. Good and original story line, great acting. My emotions ran in all directions with this, that's a good thing

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  8. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I dont know, movie really wasnt that good. At all. To rank it with good will hunting or man on the moon boggles my mind.

9. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

This is better than both of those

and Casablanca fuckin honks

SpyKi likes this.
  10. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Casablanca is close to perfect. So is Lady Bird. Both are way fuckin' better than Good Will Hunting.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This movie was enjoyable, but it's somewhat comedic to call it anywhere near perfect and ranking it with Good Will Hunting or Man on the Moon is a worthless discussionq

12. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

It’s almost like movie taste is subjective and it’s okay for people to rank movies differently. Lady Bird sure as hell resonated more with me than Good Will Hunting but I’m not gonna say you’re wrong to like GWH more.

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I thought this was near perfect

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  14. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Yea he referred to those movies as his comfort movies, meaning they're special to him in his own way. I'm sure you have comfort movies that others don't care for. Just enjoy what you like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15. Morrissey

Trusted

Lady Bird does not deserve to be compared to Good Will Hunting or Man on the Moon. It is considerably better than both.

EASheartsVinyl and OhTheWater like this.
  16. kupe

Regular

The great thing about art and entertainment is that they aren't in competition with one another, they all exist on their own plane of judgment

kaylasananjou likes this.
  17. marceting

Trusted

Fuck, this movie man. Fell in love.

Dodger likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Whoa

19. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I literally just watched the 1994 version for the first time and loved it. That cast would be fucking perfect. I need this.

Aregala likes this.
  20. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

RIP me

21. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

wild ass shit

22. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Watched this yesterday and really enjoyed it. I don't know if this is the right comparison, but it reminded me of Boyhood a lot.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I feel attacked

Mrplum5089 and Aregala like this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Dodger likes this.