Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lady Bird (Greta Gerwig; November 10, 2017) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joe, Aug 31, 2017.

1. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

I actually don't think I've stepped foot in Boston in my life

cwhit likes this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

sounds like it's time to go to the bars

hell to the yeah

3. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

I'm 19 :upside:

also it's so fucking hard to get alcohol here even with a fake. and I think Amherst (where I go to class sometimes) used to be a dry town until a decade ago or so. people here know how to have fun

Barresi likes this.
  4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i know, doesn't stop the rest of the kids!!!!!!
    :upside:

nfdv2 likes this.
  5. Dog with a Blog

If you can die for this country, you can drink for this country, I say

6. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

I liked the film itself a lot especially for the authenticity with which it depicted inauthenticity but found myself disliking the main character

OhTheWater likes this.
  7. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

This was lovely. Maybe the best, most natural dialogue I've heard in a film in some time. Put me in a great mood and the way they stuck to Metcalf's "tough mom" role in the third act made everything really hit.

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  8. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Very good movie. It feels like the defining coming of age movie for the early 2000s.

9. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I can't stop thinking about this movie.

wisdomfordebris and Serh like this.
  10. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

saw this earlier today. this movie was just beautiful on every front. i haven't traveled to Sac much but that bridge they went over multiple times is instantly recognizable.
    kinda think my town, Fairfield/Vacaville is much more the "Midwest of California" than Sacramento though, hahah

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  11. Dog with a Blog

Yeah or Vallejo. God damn Vallejo.

Nice dog avatar.

12. AndrewSoup

i was born and raised in Vallejo. heh.
    thx ;-)

13. Dog with a Blog

Haha! Sorry bruddah. I live in Long Beach now, but I'm from Alameda and had a girlfriend in Vallejo for awhile so I spent plenty of time there.

14. AndrewSoup

i never got to wander around there since i only lived there until 14, but i feel there's a lot more to do and a lot more liveliness to their downtown and the town's whole culture than the FF/VV area.
    Fairfield is only known for the OG JellyBelly Factory and Edwards Airforce Base; this town bores me so much. i honestly feel like Lady Bird in the first part of the movie in regards to her/my feelings to the towns in which we grew up.

15. AndrewSoup

and Vacaville literally translates to "Cow Town"
    the only thing of value that came out of here was Papa Roach (which may actually be up for debate how much "value" that's worth) they may act like they're from Sac, but there are VACAVILLE boys from the start.

also, Mr Miyagi was born here i think

16. Dog with a Blog

Hahahaah that's hilarious considering I have been talking negatively about Papa Roach for the last thirty minutes or so in the Brand New thread.

Yeah, it's very possible. Where I hung out (Vallejo/American Canyon) was just very suburban and boring. It should be noted that I spent most of my time there when I was between 19-20 so I missed out on experiencing whatever nightlife they have there.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  18. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Really enjoyed this. Saoirse is great

19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Wendy's Twitter is fantastic.

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

really want to see this. I was a big fan of Brooklyn. She's a great actress.

21. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

She’s a bad ass in Hanna

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  22. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

This was the first thing Ive seen with her and loved her. cant wait to watch others with her

23. Brooklyn and Grand Budapest Hotel are both great.

24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

totally forgot she was in GBH! i loved that one.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

She was good in The Crucible but it will be hard for y'all to watch a Broadway play that closed