Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

La Dispute Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Apr 15, 2016.

1. zmtr

Trusted

heh, love em both

2. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

in conversations it sounds like they think "said the king to the river" held up best over time. i'd say that the 3 song stretch from said the king to damaged goods is some of the best stuff they ever wrote.

3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Said the King to the River is probably my favourite. That or Fall Down, Never Get Back Up.

4. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Somewhere isnt THAT bad. I own it on vinyl and listen to it maybe once a year solely because it's a La Dispute album. If it wasn't in their discography I wouldn't ever touch it and would definitely not own it on vinyl.

5. Deathco_019

Drummer

So, because it's a La Dispute album, that means it's not as bad as it would be otherwise?

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  6. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Somewhere is still my favorite work by these guys

7. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Sorta lol

8. travisred

Trusted Supporter

I don't think Somewhere is ground breaking or nearly their best, but there is a lot of good stuff on there. A lot of hints of the direction they were heading. I was listening to it nonstop last week and was loving it all over again.

coleslawed and amorningofsleep like this.
  9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

When I saw them three weeks ago I was surprised they didn't play anything from Somewhere. Wouldn't have minded Bury Your Flame or Said the King. Setlist was fire though.

10. LifeInDrag

ha.

11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The hell....

12. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I got Conversations III in the mail today from the merch subscription. 44 page book discussing Wildlife featuring lots of pictures of recording in Chicago and New York, as well as pictures documenting the production of the album art. Has a link to the first vocal take of King Park.

Edit: also comes with a wildlife lapel pin.

awakeohsleeper and coleslawed like this.
  13. bedwettingcosmo

wasn't conversations 1 wildlife?

amorningofsleep likes this.
  14. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

conversations 1.5?

15. bedwettingcosmo

this still sounds like something i need in my life.

16. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Here's a pic. The book discusses how the writing process differed from Somewhere..., how they all learned restraint while writing Wildlife, and the reception of King Park Vs how the band sees the song..

17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Wow! Sounds incredibly interesting.

18. bedwettingcosmo

that's so dope...i should have subscribed.

coleslawed likes this.
  19. travisred

Trusted Supporter

I'd read the hell out of that.

20. zacooper

Regular

Dang, shouldn't have stopped subscribing

21. perfectstranger

Reunion tour

+Sad Prayers For Guilty Bodies

22. zacooper Oct 25, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 25, 2016)
    zacooper

Regular

They posted leftover items from prior subscriptions for current/prior subscribers. Anyone looking for anything? Quantities are super limited and prices are like $20/item. The Silver Metallic copy of Tiny Dots has only 3 left ($20), there are 39 copies of the Wildlife Conversations Book ($20) and only 8 copies of the Conversations II (Somewhere) flashdrive ($18). Also have the Melody hat, Objects in Space shirt, Somewhere and Wildlife pins, Searching for a Pulse poster, recycled tote bag, and the 13 insert (no 13 vinyl though).

23. zacooper

Regular

I ended up buying a copy of the Wildlife Conversation book and it is a really good read. They even linked to the 1st vocal demo take that Jordan did for King Park which was cool.

24. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

My girlfriend has been getting me into a lot of great music since we started seeing each other haha... she finally managed to get me into La Dispute when I've never connected with them much before by showing me songs from Rooms of the House. I really dig that album now.

awakeohsleeper and Cameron like this.
  25. Deathco_019

Drummer

It's their best album for sure

awakeohsleeper likes this.