Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

La Dispute Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Apr 15, 2016.

1. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

According to a Facebook post from them, it's actually the full band talking through the creation/recording of Somewhere.

coleslawed likes this.
  2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think TLLC is such a boring song that doesn't justify it's length at all. Easily the worst song on there for me.

FTank likes this.
  3. SpyKi

All Our Bruised Bodies is my least favourite on Wildlife too though, ha.

4. zacooper

Regular

I got the Conversations II flash drive a few weeks ago. Haven't had a chance to listen yet but I'll try to grab it this weekend for those interested.

coleslawed and h8bit like this.
  5. atlas

Trusted

K so I know little about this band and am not a huge fan of their music but I watched Tiny Dots with a friend a little while back and I noticed this guy they were talking to whose position in the band was specified as "vibe tech".... is that like an inside joke or an actual like, thing they employ him to do?

6. zacooper

Regular

Finally got a chance to sit down and listen to Conversations II, it's a good hour and 45 minutes on the early formation of the band and Somewhere. Hit me up via PM if you're interested.

awakeohsleeper and coleslawed like this.
  7. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

30 min in on my walk to work today. didn't know they were that self conscious about such small hands.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  8. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

don't know that anyone could release it and not be self conscious about it. i like the song, but you know. the lyrics. not his best work. still like it tho, feels honest

9. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

10. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

11. cwhit

ComedownMachine likes this.
  12. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

well i liked the song, anyway

13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I've had a nightmare here and when I skim read this earlier I genuinely thought that they were self conscious about the fact that they had "such small hands". In my head I rationalised that that must be why they titled the song that. Awful moment for me.

FTank likes this.
  14. bedwettingcosmo

haha. i get why they might be self conscious about it but i didn't know it was that big of a deal to them.

15. bedwettingcosmo

ps listen to the whole thing. i know the record gets a ton of crap around here but i still love it and this was an awesome listen.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  16. bedwettingcosmo

ya that conversations got me feelin some kinda way.

coleslawed likes this.
  17. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Such Small Hands is one of the worst songs ever.

Then again for this band I only like a few songs off Wildlife but yeah. Really bad song

18. bedwettingcosmo

kinda sad to me that so many people let a 90 second intro overshadow a 51 minute behemoth of a record.

Jesse West and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't think people are doing that

20. zmtr

Trusted

don't really think it's that bad. I always enjoy it when I put this record on. It's a bit corny but I think it works

coleslawed likes this.
  21. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

22. SpyKi

It's fine. I can see why people don't like it and I think it's one of the worst on the album but I don't hate it.

23. cwhit

i'm pretty sure my "on this day" on facebook alerted me to the fact i posted those lyrics like six years ago
    hell yeah

coleslawed likes this.
  24. trip9

I liked "Such Small Hands". It was a fitting opening to such a melodramatic album. I still like Somewhere a lot, more than Wildlife, I'm sure everyone will inform me of how wrong I am about that though. I just enjoyed the flowery, fantastical writing, as ridiculous and self-indulgent as it was, more than the straightforward writing of Wildlife.

Rooms is by far their best though.

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  25. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Such Small Hands is nowhere near as laughably bad as Andria or Bury Your Flame. Only songs that hold up on that thing are New Storms for Older Lovers and The Last Lost Continent.