Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

La Dispute Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Horrorca

Trusted

this - I feel a new LP could be their crowning jewel

GettingSodas likes this.
  2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

It'd take a lot to beat Rooms of the House.

Also, what is thirteen from? Everyone seems to know about it already but I'd never heard of it before they posted it yesterday.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

It was in a flexi they put out as part of their subscription series

GettingSodas likes this.
  4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Ah, gotcha, thanks

5. dead_fm

Regular

I love this band. Got into them not too long after Vancouver was released. I think I might be in the minority when I say that I don't think ROTH can hold a candle to Wildlife. Rooms is a good album but for me it lacked the emotion of Wildlife. I'd be interested to see what a new album would be like though.....

6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Man, Rooms is absolutely loaded with emotion imo

mescalineeyes likes this.
  7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

it's not as straightforward like "can i still get into heaven if i kill myself" but it's absolutely there lol. a more subtle record is far better

coleslawed, mescalineeyes and FTank like this.
  8. Horrorca

Trusted

^this

a more subtle record, which resulted in a more powerful experience, however contradictory that may seem

mescalineeyes, cwhit and FTank like this.
  9. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

still team wildlife til i die.

10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think Wildlife has a ton of subtle moments and emotions as well as the more intense, in your face ones. I just happen to connect with the themes and songwriting of Wildlife a lot more. Both records are fantastic though and are filled with emotion. I'm incredibly excited for whatever they do next.

11. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

I just don't care for their sound as much on Wildlife. Rooms might be my favorite record at this very moment.

12. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Rooms gets the edge for me for being just as emotional without being as dense. He also got better at the short story as lyrics thing on Rooms.

FTank likes this.
  13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah overall I'm always gonna pick Rooms over Wildlife due to how it's an emotional marathon to listen to the latter.

FTank likes this.
  14. SpyKi

I like emotional marathon's, ha.

15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I described Wildlife when I wanted my friend to listen as MewithoutYou if they covered Daisy and you know what maybe that was too true, there's just a lot to unpack on that album in every listen. But it's rewarding as hell.
    Rooms is better. But I like them both about the same. Still gonna go for Room more often simply because it's easier to digest.

16. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Listening to "conversations" for the first time. The bit about "Edward Benz" is pretty difficult to listen to.

17. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

Wildlife is a LOT better than Rooms imo.

CoffeeEyes17 and GettingSodas like this.
  18. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

I agree but I understand why people like Rooms more.

19. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I don't necessarily think the divide between Rooms and Wildlife is about quality as much as it is about conciseness. Rooms just tightens up and trims the amount of intensity that makes it easier to digest. That's what it sounds like to me, anyway

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  20. SpyKi

Didn't even know this was a thing but listening now and it's great. What an amazing album. I really want another LD album.

21. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I am interested in listening to this, I love getting insight into lyrics. Aaron Weiss interviews about lyrics are my fave, but if anyone is close to mwY it's these guys

22. trip9

Completely agree with everyone saying Rooms is superior because of the more subtle writing.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  23. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

conversations is a must listen if you enjoyed Wildlife at all.

24. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

CoffeeEyes17 and ComedownMachine like this.
  25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I passed up AGO's The Season vinyl for the bundle La Dispute was selling with this in it.