Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

La Dispute Band • Page 34

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’ve said many times how almost emotionally draining Wildlife is, and hard to throw on. Just listening to the album now all the way through for the first time in a long time REALLY hit me. I’m transported immediately to the fall of ‘11. It’s insane.

As a father it’s very hard to listen to I See Everything, and just had a very emotional experience with it. Even before it Edward Benz is just such a grand statement from them. Towards the end when Jordan is screaming “…and Ed if you hear me, I think of you often!” oof.

By the time I got to You, and I In Unison I was ready for that last gut punch. I guess where I’m getting at is I truly appreciate this band. The album is very cathartic, and I respect it a lot more for it.

coleslawed, bedwettingcosmo and SpyKi like this.
  2. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

guess wildlife is gonna be my morning run soundtrack now. i totally get being transported back to fall 2011.

SpyKi and coleslawed like this.
  3. bedwettingcosmo

4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Omg that’s my fav Fugazi song too

waterloobeam likes this.
  6. bedwettingcosmo

bruh

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  7. bedwettingcosmo

WE BURIED OUR SON TODAY

SpyKi likes this.
  8. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

9. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I missed out on the new Here Hear because I was out of state lol, can anyone hook me up potentially

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Here, Hear IV is on Spotify now.

I am new to La Dispute. I have always liked Such Small Hands - but never dove into their discography until this past week. Listened to all 4 LPs in the past week. So good, but so heavy that it's hard to take in. Looking forward to getting into these more. Haven't even begun with the EPs yet.

11. bedwettingcosmo

man you are in for an all time ride. enjoy!

amorningofsleep likes this.
  12. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

All 4 LPs in one week? Damn. That’s A LOT haha. I can’t do that.

ncarrab likes this.
  13. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

They need to put out another live LP similar to Tiny Dots but with songs exclusively from Panorama

WanderingSquall and Jonnyplantey like this.
  14. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Happy 10 years rooms of the house!!!

15. HeckYeahMatt

Not Big Chungus

10 Anniversary tour announced. Only 5 dates. Excited for this

Cameron likes this.
  16. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I was hoping they'd do something. Definitely will try to be at the GR show.

17. ImAMetaphor

Got my tickets. This band definitely holds a different space for me now than they did when this album came out, but it's still one I always circle back to from time to time. I saw them on the original ROTH tour with Pianos Become the Teeth and Mansions back in 2014. My dad had to drive me to the show because I didn't have my license yet. It'll be really, really cool to hear these songs live again 10 years later now that I'm an "adult" or whatever.

Friendjamin and WanderingSquall like this.
  18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

ROTH is my favourite. Sad it’s too difficult to get to London midweek for me.

19. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Wildlife has better individual songs, but I feel like ROTH is the most cohesive album. Still like it a lot. Transports me right back to spring of 2014, listening to this, fireworks oh common life, hotelier, and prawn a lot.

20. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

ROTH is easily my favorite. If this was anywhere near the west coast I’d have gone in a heartbeat

21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

ROTH is definitely their best album imo

Serenity Now and HeckYeahMatt like this.
  22. HeckYeahMatt

Not Big Chungus

ROTH
    Wildlife
    Somewhere
    Panorama

23. ImAMetaphor

turns out i’m an idiot and forgot my band agreed to a gig the night of the grand rapids show. so, i can’t go and now i’m sad.

if anyone here has trouble getting tickets and is hoping to go, let me know. i’ll (un)happily sell you mine.

Serenity Now and Contender like this.