Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

La Dispute Band • Page 27

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Apr 15, 2016.

1. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

march 18 2019

4 years later

2. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Forgot how much I like wildlife. Damn that album is dope

3. bedwettingcosmo

wildlife goat

4. bedwettingcosmo

i miss this band so fucking much. please come out with it already.

5. bedwettingcosmo

they went into studio late nov 2017. this thing better have 15 tracks

6. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

I bet its 10 and its not very good.

7. bedwettingcosmo

you get the fuck outta my thread

8. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Lmao. It feels like so long since the last LP and that worries me. I haven't enjoyed EVERYTHING they've written, but most of it is damn good.

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i mean theyve been touring i doubt they forgot how to play their instruments and write music lol im glad theyre taking their time with it too im sure they just want everything to be absolutely perfect, its gonna be a really anticipated album and there have been a lot of heavy hitters in their scene since theyve been away theyve got some big records to live up to

Joe4th, SpyKi, coleslawed and 3 others like this.
  10. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I won't be too upset if it's not, but I hope it's longer than 30 min.

11. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Their shortest album is 40 minutes and the other two are close to an hour, so it’ll almost certainly be in that range. I also don’t care how long it takes as long as it’s good, and they’ve improved on every album imo, so i have faith.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

for some reason I thought Rooms was only 30 minutes haha

13. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Lol yeah it’s just over 40. It does feel like it flys by, though!

Jesse West likes this.
  14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I want this album to make me weep

Mary V and Jesse West like this.
  15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Like parts of Rooms make me feel so emotional it’s only a matter of time before I hear a new LD song that brings the waterworks.

The end of Firth Reactions,the Woman tracks, and the lyrics in Objects in Space. Man I love that record

awakeohsleeper, coleslawed and Mary V like this.
  16. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I love the Somewhere, Wildlife, and most of the Here, Hear songs, but Rooms is the reason I have a La Dispute tattoo. The way it captures the beauty and pains of everyday life is so relatable.

17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Rooms is my favourite La Dispute record. It's the first one that truly clicked all the way through. The lyrical depth and the way the atmosphere they created with the two Woman tracks is astounding. I love both of them.

I will add that King Park is one of my go to examples of unbelievable storytelling in songs.

Mary V likes this.
  18. bedwettingcosmo

man, when are they gonna announce this thing. every day that passes without an announcement is killing me

SpyKi likes this.
  19. azzy01

Regular

Probably will be released next year

20. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This band were sooooo good at Reading Festival. Played a good mix of their albums too.

Serenity Now and h8bit like this.
  21. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Did they play any new tracks?

22. Serenity Now

I wonder if LD heard any of the new mwY stuff & if any of it forced them to push themselves or change directions at all.

23. bedwettingcosmo

i dont think ld needs direction tbh. they are geniuses in their own right. i'm sure they figured it out. new album is gonna slay next year

Contender, Zac Djamoos, LWS and 3 others like this.
  24. Serenity Now

Wasn't meant to be a dis on LD. Just thinking out loud really. I remember hearing an interview with Geoff from Thursday where he talked about listening to early pieces of The Devil & God by Brand New before Thursday released A City by the Light Divided and how it forced them to re-think what "doing something different" meant for them.

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  25. bedwettingcosmo

remember that interview. my guess though is that this is already done and it was recorded before mwY's stuff came out. i really think they are just hunkering down on it til next year since they are doing the 10 yr thing