Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

La Dispute Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Horrorca

Trusted

honestly, it would break my heart lol

2. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

same, this is one of my favorite bands of all time. even though i love it, rooms of the house was my least fav album so i'd like to see them put out at least one more

3. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

*another masterpiece

4. Horrorca

Trusted

hahaha

ok, ok

how about their magnum opus is yet to come?

: )

5. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I'd say Wildlife is their Magnum Opus but something that tops it would be great

6. Deathco_019

Drummer

I'll always disgree and say Rooms is their magnum opus right now, but it's difficult to say that when they have a fairly small discography. Wildlife doesn't interest nearly as much as it does for others, but it's definitely a good album.

I think they just got tighter as songwriters on Rooms and trimming the album 20 minutes shorter than their last two albums really appealed to me, personally. The lyrical content also got closer to home for me as well.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

yep. I still feel like Rooms is fantastic though.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  8. Horrorca

Trusted

yeah, this is how I feel as well

9. SpyKi

I like the new things they tried on Rooms but despite it being more concise it's still less consistent for me and even though it has some fantastic songs nothing touches the highs on Wildlife for me. Wildlife's lyrical content hits me way harder too.

coleslawed, dead_fm and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  10. CoffeeEyes17

Yeah don't get me wrong Rooms is incredible I just prefer the emotional catharsis that comes with Wildlife since it deals with many issues that hit close to home (mental health, religion, death, cancer, etc)

11. SpyKi

"You and I in Unison" is like a top 10 song of all time for me. Perfect in every way.

dead_fm and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  12. CoffeeEyes17

I love how it brings everything together by touching on past songs. Such a thematically cohesive album

13. SpyKi

interludes are amazing too, especially "A Broken Jar".

14. Deathco_019

Drummer

Are they really interludes though? I've seen people consider them as such, but I think they're more fleshed out than that and are offered as breaks than your typical interlude would be.

Not trying to be confrontational, just something I've wondered since the album came out. I thought those songs were some of the best on the album when I last listened to it.

15. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Wildlife is really pretty much everything I want in an album

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  16. SpyKi

I didn't mean it as a knock on those songs. "A Broken Jar" is easily one of my favorites. Maybe interlude isn't the perfect word but they definitely split the album up and are all connected which is what I was getting at. They remind me of mwY"s spider tracks.

17. Deathco_019

Drummer

I didn't think you meant it as a knock so you're good haha. I get what you mean though. They do break up the album a bit.

18. SpyKi

I feel like things get more and more intense lyrically as the album progresses and moves in almost stages.

19. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Edward Benz 27 Times never ceases to give me chills at the line "And Ed if you hear me, I think of you often". Don't know why that specific line gets me every time but it does. I feel like there are more moments like that for me on Wildlife than there are on Rooms (though I do love it).

coleslawed likes this.
  20. bedwettingcosmo

wildlife is top 5 of all time for me. its a masterpiece. i dont know if i'll ever hear an album as chill inducing as it. it's so fuckin dense and easy to get lost in.

21. CoffeeEyes17

later on the porch we somehow got to talking,
    he told me of the house AND HOW HIS SON IS SCHIZOPHRENIC

that part always gets me, I think it has to do with the guitars in the background. They make an almost "schizophrenic" sound to match Jordans voice and it just sounds really intense. That entire song is absolutely chilling. There are several moments on that album that give me that feeling. I know a lot of people are sick to death of "King Park" but god damn its so moving and emotional.

22. bedwettingcosmo

JANUARY 19
    we buried our son today

23. CoffeeEyes17

I see the church steps, a vision. Is there fiction in this one too?
    It's true, I've made a tale of it here, still, it's a little unclear who's
    been haunting who.

SpyKi likes this.
  24. bedwettingcosmo

25. dead_fm

Regular