Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

La Dispute - Panorama (March 22, 2019) Album • Page 31

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Dec 4, 2018.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

dang i feel the same way as all of you, i just dont feel the pull towards it.. weird bc its soo in my wheelhouse

2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Weren’t you raving about this when it came out?

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

You are all wrong

LWS and coleslawed like this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea that’s what I’m saying, I loved it a ton but I don’t feel a pull to go back to it.

5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Ah I see. I wish I had latched onto this more, I was lukewarm even when it came out and haven’t really returned at all

teebs41 likes this.
  6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Lately it happens with a lot of records, they come out and I’m super amped on them and then within a week they are out of rotation.

7. Dog with a Blog

I feel vindicated

teebs41 likes this.
  8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i dont really like any music at all lately lol the vast majority of albums ive heard this year have been great on first 4-5 listens and then i never touch it again

kyle, SpyKi, teebs41 and 1 other person like this.
  9. adamlikesdogs

@meaninglessritual

I feel the same and it kinda makes wonder if it's me getting older (29, fell in love with La Dispute when I was 19), or if it's my attention span turned to mush by the internet, or something similar. I don't like it.

Also, I happen to listen to music whenever I'm working, and maybe that just adds a level of frustration to it--like I associate the music with struggling to get something done, or I'm not fully LISTENING to it. I donno. The world and I are changing and I don't like it.

teebs41 and waking season like this.
  10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i think im just too busy to really spend time with everything i want to and i dont have the time to try and let albums hit me if they arent as immediate, in the past i would be listening to music all day every day all week. now i basically only listen to music on my 45 minute commute to or from work and that's pretty much it, and i tend to stick with stuff i already know on my commute

sonder, SpyKi, teebs41 and 1 other person like this.
  11. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I’ve also cooled on this since it came out, but I still really enjoy it when I put it on. Lyrically and vocally, it’s Jordan at his best, but the production doesn’t do him many favors on most of the tracks. I think this album makes sense as a progression from ROTH, but I’m not sure it has the “classic” feel of their prior work. I have to wonder if it would have been better for them to work with a different producer this time around (and I feel that way about a lot of bands who go to Yip and never leave).

12. ImAMetaphor

I just hope we can all agree that Rhodonite and Grief is one of the best songs the band has made

13. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Yea, I really don't play this one. Maybe it's the subject matter? I coulda gone for 10 tracks that explored the same theme as Objects in Space.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  14. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

Objectively probably some of the best music ever put out. Subjectively can barely muster giving a single fuck lol

coleslawed and awakeohsleeper like this.
  15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

This is exactly how I feel. Loved it for a few weeks, but have barely listened to it since. I'd still say it's a great album. Not sure why I don't play it more...

mescalineeyes and teebs41 like this.
  16. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm sad I never got super into it, especially after how badly I wanted a new LD album after Rooms.

17. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

Maybe Rooms was too good and our novelty bias got its reality check sooner than expected

18. Dog with a Blog

I know why y’all don’t wanna listen to it that much anymore...cause it’s fucking borrrriiiinnnnggg. For like over 60% of this album there is very little going on that is musically interesting or all that creative. As a big LD fan, that hurts to say and it sucks to admit but it’s jist not a very good album. Which is fine, it happens. They can’t all be great

19. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

In Northern Michigan tho

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think in the fall/winter I’ll be back to it more

21. ImAMetaphor

Idk, I put it on last night after posting and in the car this morning and got really into it again.

Cameron, teebs41 and KidLightning like this.
  22. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I think we're listening to completely different albums.

Cameron, ImAMetaphor and Jesse West like this.
  23. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I think it's only disappointing and rarely revisited because it came after Rooms

I'm still enjoying it

Cameron likes this.
  24. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

This is definitely more of a seasonal release for me, but most albums are. It's cool, grey, and rainy here today and really makes me want to listen to this. I think it will be a perfect fall/winter album.

25. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

have to agree about the weather thing. this album is just not made to be played on beautiful sunny summer days.

teebs41 and KidLightning like this.