Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

La Dispute - Panorama (March 22, 2019) Album • Page 28

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Dec 4, 2018.

1. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Wildlife doesn’t ever lose me, but I’ve also played it so much that the subject matter doesn’t affect me as much anymore tbh

Connor and coleslawed like this.
  2. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Wildlife is just getting to the good stuff with I See Everything.

SpyKi likes this.
  3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

wildlife is near perfect tbh

4. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

same here, album blurs together

5. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

That's the best section of the album man.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Panorama is really connecting with me. My SO had a really bad year that we're just starting to move past and the themes of not knowing how to help someone with something you've never suffered through or how to be a better you for that person are hitting hard in a really personal way.

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  7. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Yep. Lyrically this might be the La Dispute album I can relate to the most.

8. Horrorca

Trusted

rhodonite & grief is on another plane of existance altogether

holy shit these guys

9. Horrorca

Trusted

also I’ve come to really appreciate the production a whole lot - I don’t always like Yip but this is just masterfully done & I like how some of the levels are not the traditional ones & people are freaking out about it lol

coleslawed, teebs41 and ImAMetaphor like this.
  10. Lucas27

Trusted

Of the many albums really hitting me this year, this one might be hitting the hardest. So incredibly good.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  11. Dog with a Blog

I’ve come to the conclusion that I just don’t think this album is very good. I genuinely feel saddened saying that but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SpyKi and thenewmatthewperry like this.
  12. Leftandleaving

wish they used horns more

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  13. Lucas27

Trusted

[​IMG]

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Album is in fact good, but it makes me sad to see a dog say that. So now I’m sad.

Will I ever plant flowers by the street?

15. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Will you even have the strength to do anything?

Lucas27, awakeohsleeper and Cameron like this.
  16. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I'm a big fan of the run from In Northern Michigan through There You Are (Hiding Place). That and Rhodonite and Grief are the only songs I return to on this release. I hope that changes at some point, but none of the other tracks are clicking.

teebs41 likes this.
  17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I get opinions, and all.

Tho this album is so good. That vocal delivery/melody at the end of Anxiety, the bass in In Northern Michigan, horns on R&G etc.

This may be the most well-rounded LD album.

Lucas27 likes this.
  18. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think I feel similarly, I've spent a lot of time with it hoping it would grow on me but at it's best it's just pretty good and there's stuff on here I don't like much at all. Almost all of it feels like stuff they've already done better to me. Hopefully their next album does more for me and hopefully it won't take five years.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  19. Dog with a Blog

For me it really tapers off after Rhodonite and Grief and then doesn’t really reach those same heights again until the final track. The whole middle section just blends and I don’t find the music particularly interesting. Some have said, “but have you read the lyrics?” And yeah, they’re good, but they aren’t enough to where I can excuse the music being boring. I understand the lyrics are a very important part of this band but I also feel that they’ve had good lyrics in the past that were also surrounded by music that actually felt like it was trying? Just feels like regression imo.

Love: Rose Quartz/Fulton I, Rhodonite & Grief, You Ascendant

Okay: Fulton II, Footsteps

Delete: the rest

20. Dog with a Blog

I do feel that I might be their most cohesive work but almost to a fault

21. Leftandleaving

tbf you did list half the album there haha

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  22. Dog with a Blog

I listed three songs I love (counting Rose Quartz/Fulton as one song) and two that I think are fine. That’s still not a great average

23. Dog with a Blog

Whereas something like Wildlife is 14 tracks and I can listen to it from beginning to end with no trouble ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  24. Lucas27

Trusted

If @Dog with a Blog needs for me to be anything, I could be everything he needs.
    [​IMG]

coleslawed and Dog with a Blog like this.
  25. Lucas27

Trusted

Lol. That pun wasn’t supposed to be seen but it was waiting in the textbox and now it’s in public so screw it. The gif is the important part of the comment though.