Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

La Dispute - Panorama (March 22, 2019) Album • Page 25

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Dec 4, 2018.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely getting better every listen but I don't see it passing any of their albums for me

Contender likes this.
  2. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

this is probably where im at.

3. Dog with a Blog

DFB952B4-276E-4F89-823E-EDCAC62B1C91.png

4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That's really cool

KidLightning and teebs41 like this.
  5. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I'm guessing some Studio 4 acoustic/stripped down versions of some songs.

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

smart man

KidLightning likes this.
  7. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Yeah that would make sense. Citizen did it for As You Please.

8. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Rhodonite for stress relief. Promethazine for sleep.

9. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Think this is my favourite La Dispute song

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  10. Lucas27

Trusted

Just been able to give this the time it deserves. What the heck. Between this, Copeland, Pedro the Lion, and American Football this year has already given me like four perfect indie rock records.

coleslawed and awakeohsleeper like this.
  11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

This is definitely something you have to give time to digest. Not as immediate as the two albums preceding it, both musically and lyrically. But the more I listen, the more I am enjoying it. Rooms of the House is my favourite La Dispute record and whilst this doesn't hit the heights of that album, it is a solid release and highlights their musical competency. It feels like a very mature album. As a big fan of their quieter, more spoken word parts and this really hits the spot, even if you have to listen far more intently than the 'Woman' tracks on the previous release. I definitely prefer this style to Wildlife.

Some thoughts.

Is anyone a member of their Facebook fan group? Very polarised reactions there with half the people hating it and then others criticising people for hating it. I knew there was a reason I don't go on Facebook much, ha.

12. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

Yeah the Facebook group is lowkey insufferable.

Like if you think the vocals are too low use an EQ and stop complaining. They act like they found a bug or some shit.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think the softer parts of this album work for me a lot more than the heavier parts. I think the louder vocals on this sound kinda bad..

14. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Always think it's funny that whenever people think the vocals on an album are "too low in the mix" they always think it's anything other than intentional. As if they picked up on something the person who produced/engineered/mixed the album didn't lol

15. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

Also the more familiar you get with the album and learn the lyrics the louder you will perceive the vocals. So it evens out over time.

Like we’re not talking “that mewithoutyou Song on the last paramore album” levels.

16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

What’s the fb group called?

17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

If you go on their FB page and then click 'community' on the left hand side (I'm on a desktop currently, not a phone) you can join it. They created it. They occasionally post in it which is why I joined. I think it's literally called 'La Dispute community'.

Edit: here's a link (hopefully!)

teebs41 likes this.
  18. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'm sure it's intentional, but I'm not crazy about it being that low.

This record really hasn't stuck with me yet which is a bummer.

Dog with a Blog and Mary V like this.
  19. Lucas27

Trusted

This didn’t really click until I listened with a good pair of headphones. It’s so immersive.

adeadgod likes this.
  20. adeadgod

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, my listens were only through headphones. I can hear the vocals/lyrics fine. First impression of this record beat out Rooms for me. Unsure of how it will sit in the long run but it’s the most attention any record has gotten from me this year.

21. Mason

Regular

I typically hate when vocals are drowned in the mix and was a little worries based on the singles, but its grown on me for this album. The beginning of Fulton Street I is super low, to the point that in my car I can barely hear the words, but when the loud part comes, it just makes it so much more powerful. The rest of the songs I can hear the vocals well in the mix. Could they be slightly more forward imo, sure, but the style and mood are really working for me on this.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  22. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

On my first listen and yeah this is great

coleslawed and KidLightning like this.
  23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

My first listen or two I thought this didn't really get loud or heavy and now I'm really confused why I thought that and I'm noticing a lot more each listen haha

My record finally shipped and I'm stoked to put it on and read along to the lyrics

24. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

This x100000000

25. Lucas27

Trusted

Lol. “I’m not sure this Will Yip guy knows what he’s doing.”

coleslawed, Snoblin and Jake W like this.