Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

La Bouquet - The Big Happy (July 11, 2021) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by David Parke, Jul 5, 2021.

1. One last time. The end. Let’s go.

2. Had no idea they were done. Bummer!

David Parke likes this.
  3. What's nice is all of Bryan's projects kinda live in the same sonic palette so I'll be following his stuff for sure.

Jusscali likes this.
  4. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Think I prefer SPD - the more polished and layered production of the songs - but there are some really nice sounds/things all over this. Bummed the project is over - always found it incredibly unique and fun. Wish the closer went out with more of a bang and that there were more original tunes outside of the previously released EP.

David Parke likes this.
  5. Jusscali

So what are the other projects?

6. This Olivver the Kid EP is so great.
    this 1990nowhere project seems to be his current focus
    Those two projects intertwine and you can go down a rabbit hole of content.

And, yeah, I found the new record to be great driving/ summer music but the closer kinda just fizzles out and I'm not sure anything is gonna grab me quite like the first time I heard Kiss Me Kill Me

7. Jusscali

He seems to collaborate a ton with that same possie or people. They are all very similar as well so it seems even weirder to just hang this one in particular up (the best one IMO)

David Parke likes this.
  8. also not wrong. I think when Jake left, it kinda took the wind out of the sails of the band and that they never "took off" made it hard to pursue further. Technically La Bouquet was a project Bryan started as a side thing from Olivver the Kid to keep Jake from moving away from LA. There's an IG Live Bryan did a few weeks ago where he kinda gives a timeline of events for the project:

9. Jusscali

Yeah I dove into that right before the big happy dropped at midnight. Sad. I’ll check out this other stuff - seems even more eclectic than LB - which is interesting

David Parke likes this.
  10. Jusscali

He just did a deep dive on IG live that was well done. Want more people to check this thing out!

David Parke likes this.
  11. oh rad! Thanks for the heads up!

12. B-Side:

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This album's damn good, I wish it got more traction! Some huge songs here. TRIPLE X L

14. Jusscali

Fucking adore this record, so upset they are done. Honestly my favorite record this year (at least with play time)

15. He’s opening for Angels as 1990nowhere

16. Jusscali

Bring back LB

David Parke likes this.
  17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

new Olivver release is pretty great

David Parke likes this.
  18. Jusscali

Well hung heart is dope af