Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

L.S. Dunes - Past Lives (November 11, 2022) Album • Page 28

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Yellowcard2006, Aug 25, 2022.

1. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Considering Turnstile is only somehow at 1.2 mil I think they're relatively doing pretty good

Phantoms and 5Stories like this.
  2. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

@sophos34 you were right about the amulet. This owns

Phantoms, St. Nate, SpyKi and 3 others like this.
  3. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

^its a great album and at this point i dunno what to say to people that tried and never got into any circa

Badtasteinmusic and sophos34 like this.
  4. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

My release radar didn't even insert their album when it was out, and it was my most anticipated, where I intentionally didn't overplay the singles

Badtasteinmusic likes this.
  5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Badtasteinmusic likes this.
  6. Badtasteinmusic

Regular

Locked in at my number one spot for my eoty list.

7. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Full performance.

8. sophos34 Dec 5, 2022
    (Last edited: Dec 5, 2022)
    sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i dont think the novelty of watching frank, travis, and tim all shred together will ever be lost on me. need them to hit missouri next year.

9. matthest

How can Anthony keep screeching like that after all these years? Medically speaking, is this going to take a toll on his vocal chords at some point, or is there a way to do it safely?

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I think he's talked about how he had to learn to do it the right way after doing it wrong so long

Mcrx, Bartek T. and matthest like this.
  11. I remember hearing a story years and years ago about a vocal coach who specializes in screaming, believe her clients included Dave Grohl and Dani Filth at the time but this was like 2007 or something I'm sure there ar others. Like Steve said you can do it without wrecking your voice if you know what you're doing

Bartek T., Phantoms and matthest like this.
  12. Zachary Dresch

Trusted Supporter

I'm late to the party on this one, but like some of you have said, I wish there was more immediate punch-you-in-the-face fast tracks like Permanent Rebellion or more melodically ambitious like Sleep Cult. If they had made a mix of that, I probably would have absolutely loved this thing. But it's a decent album.

Mcrx likes this.
  13. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

One of the best albums of 2022 imho. Maybe even my favorite.

14. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I've barely listened to anything else since it was released.

15. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Just had the best surprise seeing the L.S. Dunes EU tour was meant to be joined with No Devotion, having to choose between Berlin and Prague I eventually settled for Prague and bought the tickets right away. It sure was weird not to see No Devotion mentioned in any posts/stories on ig later on, but now I've just found out they're not playing, I'm not sure if they got any shows out of it, I'm quite upset of course (more so for the band, and also my friend who we gifted the ticket for his birthday mainly for him to somehow finally see Geoff live ;d)

16. irthesteve

17. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

Anyone else see the live vids where he talks about how much he doesn't like 2022 before they play it?

18. Dog Fish

Mutt

now I have lol

19. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Saw them in Prague at the beginning of the month and he started the intro saying how much the song was bumming him out, but then switched to saying "but now I think it might actually be the most positive thing I've ever written" or something like that

Mcrx likes this.
  20. irthesteve

21. I was lucky enough to interview Frank Iero in person today for a chat about L.S. Dunes - he’s such a warm, thoughtful person. Looking to publish this Friday to coincide with MCR’s remaining Australian tour dates (very quick turnaround but I’m determined!)

22. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Looks like AG isn’t playing the April dates and the Sao tour just got postponed. Hope he is good

23. irthesteve

Sounds like a combo of things led up to the postponing

24. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

I mean they cancelled five shows when they cancelled their 2010 UK tour that I had tickets to, so. Not sure that maths is right.

25. DoctorM

Regular Supporter

Where did you hear about the April dates? I've got Sound of Animals Fighting tickets in April and now I'm slightly worried...