Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kundalini Yoga • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by therookielot, Apr 2, 2016.

1. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Cosmic Trigger by Robert Anton Wilson is a great intro to all subjects close to this.
    His fiction Illuminatus Trilogy is possibly the greatest story ever told.

Any Terence McKenna lecture online is worth it. My favorite is Eros and Eschaton.
    His books are great as well:
    Archaic Revival
    Food of the Gods
    Invisible Landscape

Aleister Crowley was great, though his ideas are shrouded in poetry and metaphor and are 100 years old. I recommend his book called 8 Lectures on Yoga.

These are the 3 most influential minds that have affected me.

therookielot likes this.
  2. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

3. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

I started reading Prometheus Rising by him. I just got caught up in a million other books haha

4. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Haha same here, I have it but it's on the waiting list. I'm sure it's full of wonderful information though.

I'll start it up next though so we can talk about it on here.

Way to bump the thread! I wish more people were in on the conversation!

5. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

It's funny you bring him up, cause i was actually thinking of an exercise from Prometheus Rising when I found a penny in my shoe at the gym yesterday. It was like "visualize yourself finding a penny and you will find pennies" or something.

6. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

i like to practice through studio/gym/class because it allows me the space to dedicate myself to practice but if you're in a jam, theres a girl on youtube who does great at home walk through practices. and has information and different videos for all different sorts of things. shes also doing a challenge for the new year of 31 days of yoga. people probably know about her if they already are into yoga but definitely a source worth checking if someone was wanting to look into starting yoga.
    Yoga With Adriene