Kubo and the Two Strings (Travis Knight, 2016) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Serh

@TiredOfSeth Prestigious

Kubo and the Two Strings tells the story about Kubo, who has magical powers and whose left eye was stolen. Accompanied by Monkey and Beetle, they must subdue the Sisters, Raiden the Moon King and his army of evil spirits.

[​IMG]

2. Serh

@TiredOfSeth Prestigious

This was outstanding, easily the best animated movie of the year (yes, including Zootopia). Sucks that it hasn't been doing that well, in fact it hasn't even made back its $60 million budget yet. I counted less than a dozen people in my audience.

So yeah, I strongly recommend that everyone sees this while it's still in theaters. It's a beautiful theater experience, at the ABSOLUTE least.

3. Zilla

Trusted

I loved it. It maybe didn't need the twists in the middle, but overall, I thought this was a very strong film and beautiful to look at.

4. sponsor
  5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Really want to see this

6. Serh

@TiredOfSeth Prestigious

7. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Felt this was a bit more style than substance (compared to something like Paranorman) but I still loved it.

8. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

really enjoyed this one.

9. trevorshmevor

and use a pretty font Supporter

Can't believe it took me so long to see this, I wanted to when it was in theaters but just never got around to it. Damn, it was amazing. Loved every second. Girlfriend fell asleep halfway through and I'm excited because it means I have a reason to see it again haha

10. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

damn, didn't know i wasn't subscribed to a Kubo thread. i'm mad i don't see enough ppl talking about this movie. this movie is so fantastic. i love the production/art direction/design so much.

11. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I'm about ready to revisit it

coleslawed likes this.
  12. AndrewSoup

just got it on Blu-ray/DVD, that 2nd act climax... still gets me

13. Serh

@TiredOfSeth Prestigious

This is on Netflix now, so if you haven't seen this film yet, now's a good time to spend 1:41 on it. Still think this is one of the better animated films of the last couple years

14. AndrewSoup

honestly think this deserved Best Animated Feature more than Zootopia, and i loved that film too.
    i picked up Kubo on blu-ray already a few days (weeks? who knows) ago. after watching some of the special features, i'm still annoyed that they cast all white actors to voice the main roles, while just having their few Japanese actors as the small bit characters.

15. Serh

@TiredOfSeth Prestigious

Pretty much the only thing I don't like about it. It's especially glaring when you put it up against something like Moana

Agreed with the Oscar, though I knew Zootopia (which I love) would've won anyway

trevorshmevor and AndrewSoup like this.
  16. AndrewSoup

that Disney hype-machine is too big for Laika to stand a chance

Davjs likes this.