Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Korn – “You’ll Never Find Me” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. VCargo08

I know this is a symptom of the genre, but holy shit does any band just regurgitate the same song over and over more than Korn does? How in the world has Davis not had one life experience in 20 years that would make him write anything more interesting than the edgelord angst stuff? Is there really an audience for this exact same content+sound in every new generation?

3. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I think it's kind of a symptom of bands in general, but I completely agree that Korn seems to take it to the next level. I feel like this song could have been on one of their albums from the 90's, and no one would have noticed.

4. somethingwitty

Trusted

I think the fans of this genre don’t want change. They did a pretty big departure in sound on See You On The Other Side and they got tons of shit from their fan base for trying something different.

5. Analog Drummer

Regular

Gee I actually enjoyed the CGI clip. Didn’t realise it would get full treatment

6. Analog Drummer

Regular

Well his wife committed suicide last year, so I reckon that prob gives him some life experience for some “edgelord angst” gear

They did do the dubstep CD mind you

7. VCargo08

He's almost literally writing the same music and lyrics he was 20 years ago. If that awful experience affected him, it sure doesn't show in this track.

Edit: Also, what a sensationalist way to summarize the events. His EX-wife (divorced in 2016) who he had a restraining order accidentally combined too many drugs and prescriptions according to the ME report. It wasn't ruled a suicide.

It still sucks, but he's still writing generic edgelord music.

CyberInferno likes this.