Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Korean Drama

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by neptune, Apr 1, 2016.

1. I didn't see a thread for k-dramas so I thought I'd create one.

I still haven't watched Boys Over Flowers, but hear by many people it's pretty good.

2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

The only one I've watched was Coffee Prince, but I loved that. I've been meaning to get to Boys Over Flowers

3. I've seen She Was Pretty, Missing Korea, Twenty Again, and Never Die. I starts Moorim School but kinda stopped. I think that's when I noticed a weird "pop up" notification every time I went to a ad commercial or whatever it's called saying to verify the certificate for a static.scanscout or something and that the website I'm on (drama fever) may be pretending to be the scanscout

4. teek

5. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

My sister watches all the k-dramas so I've watched bits and pieces of some of them like Strong Girl Bong Soon, Descendants of the Sun, Vincenzo, It's Okay Not To Be Okay, and Crash Landing on You to name just a few. I've never felt compelled to watch one fully up until now...

I am absolutely loving Extraordinary Attorney Woo. I think it is sooooo great. I'm not surprised at all there's already talks of a US remake. I'm sure it would appeal to fans of The Good Doctor. The premise is similar except the autistic genius is a lawyer instead of a doctor. Anyways, the show is just so darn wholesome and cute. I love the case of the week format. It makes every episode satisfying to watch. I've definitely teared up a few times. And laughed a ton! The acting is great. It's not as cheesy as other dramas. The stories are actually really beautiful.

If anyone is interested in watching, you'll seriously be hooked with just the first episode. Check it out! Airing on Netflix.

6. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I'm currently in the middle of Itaewon Class because my sister kept telling me to watch it. I've only started watching kdramas this year, so I've just seen It's Okay To Not Be Okay, Our Blues, and Our Beloved Summer so far, and I don't watch a lot of tv so it takes me forever to get through any show I start.

stayillogical likes this.
  7. stayillogical

I love Park Seo-joon. I only saw a little of Itaewon Class but he's in this movie called Midight Runners which is one of my favorite comedies of recent years. Seriously, sooo funny I've watched it multiple times. I'm excited to see him in The Marvels.

8. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Admittedly, before Itaewon Class, I only knew of him as part of the wooga squad. I'm watching their In The Soop season right now too. I'll add Midnight Runners to my list!

9. stayillogical

Update... I have now watched 10+ kdramas. In order: Extraordinary Attorney Woo, Crash Landing On You, It's Okay Not To Be Okay, Goblin, Fight For My Way, What's Wrong With Secretary Kim, Business Proposal, Our Beloved Summer, Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha, Descendants Of The Sun, Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-Joo, Itaewon Class, The Glory. So after years of resisting, I'm now a fan girl.

Currently almost done with Coffee Prince. I am OBSESSED with Gong Yoo. Like he's my phone background and screensaver. I need to change my avatar from Attorney Woo to Goblin, since that's my favorite now. Woo isn't even in my top 5 but that's what got me started.

Anyways, anyone watch The Glory recently? Since it's top 10 in the US on Netflix, I know it's popular. It was a really cool watch. Would love to discuss.

10. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I haven't watched The Glory, but I'm currently through episode 8 of Little Women. It's a mystery and the subtitles are almost too quick sometimes, so I feel like I'm going to have to read about it after I finish. Too many tiny hints and plot twists that I can tell I'm not catching.

11. stayillogical

I was on the fence about Little Women. It's worth a watch?

12. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I'm enjoying it, I just have to be completely focused and not getting distracted while watching or else I miss something important.