Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kong: Skull Island (Jordan Vogt-Roberts, March 10, 2017) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Jul 15, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

It's cool, but I like the other ones more. I'm normally a big fan of what Mondo does though.

2. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It's mediocre. Basically one long tee-up for "King Kong Vs. Godzilla" with a ton of uninteresting characters, minus John C. Reilly who's just being John C. Reilly.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, Mondo usually has fantastic prints, this one falls short. But I also think the posters the studio has been releasing for this movie have been some of the best in years.

OhTheWater and airik625 like this.
  4. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Seeing this tonight, can't wait!

5. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

This was awesome. A few moments of eh, but overall quite a treat

6. michael_gatto

Trusted

Saw it tonight as well. Really enjoyed it, there's rarely a dull moment, I actually liked the characters unlike a lot of people have been saying and needless to say John C. Reilly definitely steals the show.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

8. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I thought this was a really good movie. Kept my attention the whole time and had some great action scenes.

9. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I thought it lulled a bit in the middle but the first hour was awesome. Brie really didn't do shit lol so many slow glamor shots toooo

10. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I had fun. Nothing too memorable and I don't see myself revisiting this much but it had some neat stuff.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen Mar 11, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 11, 2017)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I actually really liked it, I liked that the real enemy was imperialistic hubris, and I don't remember seeing the other creatures in the advertising so that whole element was cool

John C Reilly was the best, his jacket saying for your health was amazing, Shea Whigham was great too, plus we got Samuel L Jackson yelling die motherfucker

only thing I wasn't totally into was the tribespeople, I couldn't tell if it was racist or not

edit: almost forgot the amazing soundtrack

thedrudo likes this.
  12. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

It was okay. The fight scenes were good but the editing for the film felt weird. I mostly saw it because of the connection it will have with the Godzilla sequel and Godzilla Vs. Kong.

13. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Half the budget went to buying the rights to those songs. :crylaugh:

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Me, and the lady are in our seats at Studio Movie Grill about to watch this. Bout to order my beer, and salad.

Stoked.

thedrudo likes this.
  15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This was great. Although the story was pretty non existent, and the character development was lazy.

My God though some absolutely beautiful scenes. Loved a lot of the way it was shot. Shea Whigham was a highlight.

16. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I thought this movie was awesome. really enjoyed it. I thought there was a great balance of the human characters and the monsters. beautifully shot for sure. Sam L was nutssss haha. that post credit scene! my eyes watered with my childhood excitement haha. definitely worth seeing on the big screen.

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Shit.

I knew there might have been a post credit scene, but didn't want to stick around. Can someone spoiler tag it for me?

18. dlemert

Trusted

I had a blast with this movie but both it and the characters in it were really, really dumb.

19. michael_gatto

Trusted

Basically just a set up explaining Monarch and teasing Mothra, Godzilla and King Ghidorah

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah. Brie, Goodman, Chapman, etc pretty much all of them were useless.

dlemert likes this.
  21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

King Kong was awesome in the fights, but I just don't see how they can have him fight Godzilla. The new Godzilla is gigantic while Kong was not super big in this film. Kong has the smarts but Godzilla is Godzilla.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Cameron likes this.
  23. michael_gatto

Trusted

The size difference was my main thought, but John C. Reilly's character in the film does mention that Kong is still young and still has time to grow, so I guess that explains it?

24. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

this was awful. 15minutes worth of awesome visuals doesn't make up for the other 100 minutes of the movie

jkauf and Zilla like this.
  25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I don't see how Kong, even if he grows, can fight a giant nuclear dinosaur that breathes fire.