Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kodak Black - Lil Big Pac (June 11, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Horrible

2. cherrywaves

Trusted

Oh goddamnit I finally listened to this tape today, too :/

3. PauLo

43% Burnt

Aaaaaaaand delete.

4. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to feel about things like that but before you delete someone's music wouldn't it be helpful if they were proven guilty or innocent first? Let it be known I don't know the details of this case like I do with say the Freddie Gibbs one but I'm just curious about why you'd cut an artist out solely on accusations.

5. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

In instances like this I usually just avoid the music until the case is closed one way or the other. I didn't listen to The-Dream for like a year-plus because of the domestic violence charges brought against him and the lack of a follow up from most major outlets (they were eventually dropped by the accuser IIRC). It's hard to know where the line is exactly and I usually end up making a personal call based on the information publicly available in tandem with the actual legal case (Example: why I don't listen to R. Kelly despite the lack of serious convictions against him vs. why I listen to The-Dream again [but usually listen to songs that feature them like Future's "Parachute" or they wrote like Beyonce's "XO" regardless, because it becomes too tangled to mess with at that point]). I'll probably follow that rule for Kodak (and Gibbs, for that matter - I think it's gross I've seen so much #freeFreddieGibbs stuff on twitter). I'm not gonna play his tapes or hits for the time being but won't delete it until more info is out, but I'm not confident, these things turn out to be true far too often to carry on as normal.

TheWater(s) likes this.
  6. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

That's more than fair I was curious. I've taken hard stances against some (R. Kelly is one of those for me too) and let others slide. If Kodak is guilty then fuck him but if not I still think he has an important story to tell (that Fader article about him is great). However it does suck that all my faves are problematic.

7. cherrywaves

Trusted

I think I have all the details I need for Gibbs, which really bums me out. I probably won't be listening to Kodak anytime soon either

8. PauLo

43% Burnt

My delete comment was about deleting him off my iPod, didn't make that clear at all though haha.

I doubt I'll be listening to either him or Gibbs for a while, though. The same with Swans. Why are such good artists such (alleged) shits.