Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Knuckle Puck - Shapeshifter (October 13, 2017) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Jul 27, 2017.

1. "Double Helix" is a perfect Drive Thru Records era song

2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Fantastic for him to take the time for himself and his mental health. Very tough decision to make, but an important one.

sonder likes this.
  3. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Much respect to Joe. Would always rather see a band need to take time off for their own health than a scandal.

Ed59_, sonder, OotyPa and 1 other person like this.
  4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

this knuckle puck goes hardcore song on here is terrible. jesus

5. Leftandleaving

okay not terrible. the hook is quite good. but man those screams are unfortunate

6. Leftandleaving

conduit is great

7. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Which song was this

8. Leftandleaving

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Everyone Lies to Me is an awesome song, one of the best on the album

10. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Doesn't sound like he's really trying to scream in that song though- just aggressive singing. I like the effect.

FTank likes this.
  11. I went back to this album after a long break, and listened to a tracklist I made a while back. I think the album flows far better as an EP, I certainly felt more positive about it this way:

1. Nervous Passenger
    2. Gone
    3. Want Me Around
    4. Conduit
    5. Wait
    6. Plastic Brains

"Twist" is just such a non-song (the hook in the chorus almost lands, especially the "I've been wondering" part, but the rest is just... there), "Double Helix" has the stupidest lyrics in the chorus (I just can't sing along without laughing), "Everyone Lies to Me" is just a mess (especially in the production), and I literally can't think of anything memorable, good or bad, about "Stuck in Our Ways."

I really hope these guys ditch Henderson next time around, I'd even be okay with Yip at this point... and I hope they equally ditch the thesaurus-style of lyrics they keep getting into on songs like "Double Helix." Still, as an EP, this actually comes across a lot more positively, at least compared to my first couple listens.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  12. Leftandleaving

this band is better in small doses imo

BigMouth likes this.
  13. I agree. I remember, I was at their show back in October right after the album had come out and didn't care much to watch their set because I only wanted to hear one or two songs. I actually spent the whole time in the back catching up with Movements (they're friends from college). I mean, that was partly because I hadn't seen the guys in a while, but also I just didn't care much to watch Knuckle Puck for longer than 20 minutes.

14. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Knuckle Puck teaches me new words every album.

That can't be worthless.

Agree on your EP though.

I made this one one page back ( like the chorus of Double Helix)

1.) Gone
    2.) Want Me Around
    3.) Double Helix
    4.) Wait
    5.) Conduit
    6.) Plastic Brains

15. How similar! I do like "Nervous Passenger" as an intro to the album, and with some editing it flows reeeeeally nicely into "Gone." I do like "Double Helix" for the most part but just cannot seriously sing the words "I don't want your double helix" without cracking up and it just takes me out of the song every time.

I guess a lot of the words KP uses are ones I see people use to "spice up" their essays for their college courses and are just long-winded ways of replacing perfectly phrases. But then, I'm a Hemingway fan so I'm all about bluntness in writing, or at least using fancy/esoteric words only in the right contexts. That's cool that KP is expanding your vocabulary though! Not a lot of bands could have that claim to fame, I guess haha.

Yellowcard2006 likes this.
  16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

wow I surprisingly really like this

solxace and astereo like this.
  17. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

BigMouth likes this.
  18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

sonder and BigMouth like this.
  20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I dig it.

21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Tracklist for the EP:

1. Conduit
    2. Twist
    3. Nervous Passenger
    4. Gone
    5. Wait

22. Leftandleaving

That’s a fun album cover

23. Ed59_

Regular

Love the Conduit re-work and excited to hear the others! Fairly cheap to get this shipped to UK too which is nice.

teebs41 likes this.
  24. I pre-ordered this and picked up the Calendar Days/Indecisive 7". So obsessed with the Conduit re-work.

teebs41 likes this.
  25. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Revisiting this album for the first time in awhile. It's still very good.

astereo and teebs41 like this.