Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Knuckle Puck - Shapeshifter (October 13, 2017) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Jul 27, 2017.

1. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i agree

2. Horrorca

Trusted

ah! good post

-----

anyways, will listen to this all weekend and will try to arrive at a conclusion as to which one is the better one

I'm just happy we got another killer record from these guys

it's so good that I almost don't care they are not doing anything new/more adventurous

EDIT: that's not entirely true... they ARE trying some new things, I just expected a more drastic change, but it's cool, not all bands need to drastically evolve on all albums - especially when they are writting killer songs like these

in short, really happy with this : )

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

After my initial listen, I think it's just alright. I still despise how the snare drum sounds and I feel like the production overall is just not great. The vocals are hard to hear a lot of times and the guitars sound pretty muddy a lot.

4. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

"Wait" is so good

5. Horrorca

Trusted

it is appalling how they just can't do something about the production hahaha

6. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Copacetic is better. This did nothing for me on first listen. Only Double Helix stood out

7. solxace

oh word?

They went to Steve Evetts originally, but they weren't happy with what they made so they scrapped it and went back to Seth Henderson.

8. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Good album but not Copacetic level. I guess I didn't expect too much though because I thoroughly enjoyed it. Idk, I don't really expect much from pop-punk besides a couple of fun bangers and that's what this was

9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This is real good

10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

So the production really isn’t better than Copacetic, huh? Ugh, I’ll check this out later today but that’s such a bummer, that album had promise if it were at all listenable.

11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I can't decide if the production is actually worse than Copacetic or not haha.

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Listened to this and Copacetic back to back. Both really enjoyable and considering it's only their second record I'm okay with consolidation rather than evolution.

13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I like these songs way more than I was expecting, and production is listenable at least. Maybe this is catching me in a good mood, we’ll see - but right now, I’m totally on board wth this one and I did not think I’d be saying that.

14. Joshua

Regular

Think I might like it more than copacetic right now, everyone lies to me is definitely my favorite track

solxace likes this.
  15. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Everyone Lies to Me is definitely a standout, but is just me or does one of their singers mispronounce the word "outlier" as "out-lee-er" in that song?

16. I can't imagine giving up on a Steve Evetts recording. He made even Real Friends sound like they knew what they were doing, and his stuff with TWY and Such Gold is, well, gold.

solxace and Anthony_ like this.
  17. I can't unhear it. Wow, can't believe no one caught that in the entire recording process.

18. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

I'm having a hard time with this one. Knuckle Puck are one of my favorite bands, Coapacetic is a near perfect record, but this feels like nothing. It's confusing, messy, not cohesive, the lyrics seems vapid. I'm bummed.

19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Relistened to Copacetic earlier today since I haven't in a while, and it's not even close to as good as this one.

20. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

This album is way better than Copacetic.

AlwaysEvolving21 and FTank like this.
  21. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i agree. last two songs are powerhouses.

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The chorus of Wait is a jam

23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Good'ol Seth Henderson. I used to play basketball against him and his twin bro back in the day.

solxace likes this.
  24. tshreve

Metalicca

I’ve always disliked this band pretty heavily/am not into current pop punk but damn this album slaps.

25. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

YEAH YOU ALWAYS DID FEEL JUST LIKE HOME