Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Knuckle Puck - Shapeshifter (October 13, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by btr, Jul 27, 2017.

1. btr Jul 27, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 3, 2017)
    btr

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

Release Date: October 13th, 2017
    Label: Rise Records

1. Nervous Passenger
    2. Twist
    3. Double Helix
    4. Gone
    5. Everyone Lies to Me
    6. Stuck In Our Ways
    7. Want Me Around
    8. Conduit
    9. Wait
    10. Plastic Brains

Pre-Order: Knuckle Puck

Dave Diddy and Anthony_D'Elia like this.
  2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Damn at work so can't listen, but the last album was SO good.

3. I really wish they had used this chance to actually experiment with new sounds/styles, but the write-up on the merch site seems to actively defend their choice to not experiment. New song is fun but I can tell this is just gonna be another record from them and not an evolution.

4. btr Jul 27, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 27, 2017)
    btr

Trusted Supporter

I've been listening to these guys for over four years and with every release I hope they experiment more and get weird but this just sounds like more Knuckle Puck. Not a bad thing necessarily.

5. SPine

Trusted

I like it but yeah sounds like Knuckle Puck

6. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

good single tho

7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Solid song, like it a lot.

8. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

i dont listen to much new pop punk, but this is pretty good. kind of sounds like TSSF? has this band always been that way?

9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Listened, song is great.

I get people wanting them to evolve but it's only their second record. They have plenty of time and if the music is as good as this then that's great.

Ed59_ and astereo like this.
  10. Anthony_

They've always been in the same musical vein as TSSF but honestly Knuckle Puck at this point is doing this sound way better than TSSF.

Micah511 likes this.
  11. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Digging this song.

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Check out Pretense, Untitled, Poison Pen Letter, all from the last album. You'll know if you like them from those. But yeah, they were in that vein but they've added a few more emo-leaning tones in.

Micah511 likes this.
  13. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Yeah, the last TSSF was underwhelmingly not catchy. Not really sure what they still have to offer, but I'd like to be surprised. I'll check this out when it comes out.

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I'm always surprised at people's dislike of the third TSSF record on this site. I thought Mock, Solo, Distate and a few others were great songs.

15. btr

Trusted Supporter

There were about 20 other songs released on EPs/singles over the course of four years that sound similar to their full length so it feels like KP's been releasing music with this sound for a while now. Weird to think this is technically their sophomore release.

16. Anthony_

It's more that TSSF just kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth these days. I actually thought their third was better than their second at the time but I really don't even listen to them at all any more. I just think KP is better.

17. Digging this. I'm with Sam that this is only the second full length so I'm not bothered if this remains in the same vein as the EP's and Copacetic. I'm more interested to see growth w/ TSSF on their next record than KP at this point in time (thought the acoustic TSSF ep was cool)

18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I like this a lot. Solid KP song.

Maybe it's just the headphones I'm using, but does this sound super bassy/low-end heavy to anyone else? I really hate how the snare sounds too.

pauljgreco likes this.
  19. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I'm pretty over this band but I like the album cover a lot

20. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

So they're not the pop punk band breaking up huh

Wonder if this will be any good

21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Haven't listened to the song yet, but that's a bummer. I was hoping they'd really stretch themselves creatively and become something interesting, the last album showed signs of that.

BigMouth likes this.
  22. Had to turn it off when the vocals hit - I'll try it again later

23. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

For a band that we're trying some interesting things on their last album, I'm pretty bummed they're not "evolving" per se.

BigMouth likes this.
  24. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

There's a pop punk band breaking up? haha

25. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah and there's gonna be a big tour with a bunch of other big pop punk bands supporting them
    and it's a new band not an old band
    it's happening

lol

BigMouth and beachdude42 like this.