Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Knuckle Puck / Movements / With Confidence / Homesafe Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by btr, Jul 31, 2017.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

it's almost like there aren't bands playing pop punk that aren't centered in the generic warped tour/hopeless/fearless/pure noise scene

2. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I think that's what we're referring to. In that ~scene~, there haven't been any bands that really stand out.

3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I think Seaway and State Champs are the only two I really fuck with anymore

4. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Those are the catchiest of the bunch, but the lyrics are horrid. I can’t get past that

5. Morgan

Morgan

With Confidence has some good lyrics !

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Oh yeah Seaway has terrible lyrics but whatever lol Too catchy and fun for me to care about

7. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I like most of the newer pop punk that has came out the last few years. Only bands I'm not huge on are State Champs, Broadside, Sleep On It, As It, ROAM and probably a few others. There's definitely more generic crap in the genre than 5 years ago but it's not all bad. However I will say that none of these bands have shit on bands like The Swellers, Fireworks, Polar Bear Club, etc that made the genre so great. As much as I enjoy With Confidence and Grayscale I'd trade them in a second to have one of those bands back haha

Morgan and JaytotheGee like this.
  8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah The Swellers, Fireworks, Transit, Polar Bear Club, Hostage Calm, A Loss For Words, TTNY, (even early Man Overboard) era of this genre will never be topped and it's sad that all of those bands are gone

9. zachmacD

Trusted

Before We Met and the other early eps by MO are some of my favorite poppunk songs. IDK what the hell happened after Real Talk

JaytotheGee likes this.
  10. emlantzy

Regular

tyramail likes this.
  11. DarkestDayOfMan

Trusted

12. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

October 2nd is the most recent With Con setlist from setlist.fm, hoping they include waterfall. They just dropped the video for it so it would be kinda weird if they didn’t, I think.

13. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I like ROAM and State Champs quite a bit, but otherwise I agree with your list. As It Is has been growing on me recently, though. Their newest album was better than their debut imo

14. emlantzy

Regular

Just saw this on Twitter

15. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

That's a pretty solid With Con set, but wish they'd switch out Archers or Higher for Waterfall and/or Gravity. Glad they are playing Here For Nothing though.

tyramail likes this.
  16. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Stoked for here for nothing, but bummed about waterfall. Seems weird to release the video for it, but not play it. Although last time in Portland it wasn’t on their setlist either, but they played it instead of London Nights, mostly because fan request I think.

17. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

I just want to state as well how much I love the pop punk scene right now.

I want to add my thoughts on this, mostly because the majority of music I listen to is pop punk and has been for about 7 years. I was never into The Swellers, Transit, PBC, Hostage Calm, AL4W or TTNY. I would take State Champs, Broadside, Neck Deep, WSTR, Seaway, Grayscale over all of them. I do miss Man Overboard though, and Fireworks were okay.

Like Pacific has worn on me a little but their new album could be good. Knuckle Puck's new album was fantastic.

Ones that never stuck with me were Assuming We Survive (too generic), Waterparks (too poppy for me), and Trophy Eyes (feels too much like PBC or Transit).

tyramail likes this.
  18. fbrrocks

Trusted

your all forgetting a great pop punk band i call fives

Joshua and kman22 like this.
  19. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Tbh idk how Fireworks didn't get big

20. Morgan

Morgan

Especially with TWY constantly hyping them.
    I had a ton of friends who just couldn't get into them because of his voice

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  21. josh-

You don’t need maps when you know where the sidewalk craks

22. Grato

Regular

Fireworks didn't get big bc they wrote oh, common life and it was too good/musical complex for the simplistic pop punk kids to understand

DickyCullz, Morgan and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  23. josh-

Fireworks was always great but it’s obvious they didn’t have mainstream appeal

Morgan and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  24. oldboot

Regular

It will always hurt me Fireworks didn't get bigger. I've shown them to so many people who like pop punk and nobody could get into them. Maybe I'm the one looking at the wrong, but they will always be one of my favorites. Everything they touched turned to gold.

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I don't like this opinion one bit