Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Knuckle Puck Announce New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Knuckle Puck will release Shapeshifter on October 13th. Today they’ve debuted the first single “Gone” and pre-orders are now up.

[​IMG]

Track Listing

1. Nervous Passenger
    2. Twist
    3. Double Helix
    4. Gone
    5. Everyone Lies to Me
    6. Stuck in Our Ways
    7. Want Me Around
    8. Conduit
    9. Wait
    10. Plastic Brains

2. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

This is probs my favourite thing I've ever heard from this band but their obnoxiously compressed production will forever bother me.

3. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Cool. I rocked Copacetic pretty hard for a while before it eventually fizzled out and settled in to my collection. The first two tracks still get me going pretty regularly, but the rest can kind of blend together.

I'm sure, at worst, this album will be on the same level.

4. jorbjorb

7 rings

yep. those drums sound horrific.

5. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Holy compression, Im not even that guy to complain about it but wow. I dig the song though.

6. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

The songs so good but damn the production hurts my ears. Digging the art style too.

7. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

This is really good. Excited for this album!!

8. They apparently were recording with a different producer and then didn't like it halfway through and went back to the guy that did Copacetic. Stupid fucking decision imo.

Also, the song is good and fun to jam out to but it's absolutely nothing new, might not even have been among the best songs on Copacetic. Disdain was a better lead single. Kinda disappointed.

cosmickid likes this.
  9. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Production ruins it. I like this band so I'll check out the album regardless.

Not much going on in this song that doesn't fit easily into their back catalog. Copacetic showed a lot of potential.

10. There were a couple of jams on that last record IMO but the production made me pretty much never go back.

Couldn't even finish this song, fuck that sounds so bad

11. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Honestly thought I was just really out of it earlier and that's why it sounded bad. Came here to see everyone saying how bad the production on this was so I listened again.
    Oof, that's bad...
    Love the song though.

12. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

The song itself is fine, but the production is weird. Those drums sound almost electronic, and the rest of the instruments sound like they're fighting each other for the same output.

13. I would bet my life savings those drums are triggers (it triggers a prerecorded sample every time the drum is hit). And the instruments do seem to be occupying the same frequency. The worst offender is that compression though, everything sounds like it's going in and out.

Damien Davies likes this.
  14. MikeC18

I love this band, excited for this.

15. I've never devoted myself to listening to this band, but I've liked everything I've heard. This song is no exception.

16. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

How much life savings are we talking here?

17. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Came back here to say, I was listening to Copacetic at the gym today and it got me fucking going. That album holds up and rocks pretty damn hard. Love Knuckle Puck, prob in my top 5 of pop punk being made today.

18. I'm in college, don't get your hopes up

pauljgreco and Colby Searcy like this.
  19. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

I don't understand why they choose for the production to sound like this. I'm a casual fan of the band and enjoyed their EPs, but the last full-length was unlistenable to me because it was physically hurt my ears with headphones in due to the production. This song is the same way. It's so strange that they've decided to go down this route for production for their full-lengths, because their EPs/7"s all sound fine... It's a bummer.