Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Knuckle Puck - 20/20 (September 18, 2020) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Feb 20, 2020.

1. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

It’s shitty you have an “eyebrow raise”
    from a band playing a show that has probably done everything right so far that legit needs to make money.

ArmsLikeTeeth likes this.
  2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, there are plenty of bands who need to make money now who have literally cancelled tours because of the current COVID situation. Anyways, it wasn't more than an eyebrow raise to me (which is basically just "hm...that's interesting" and move on) until I read he made that comment. While I personally think playing the show was unnecessary right now (since it was a hometown show and they have another one in two months) especially since the opening acts had to drop due to getting COVID, the point of my post was that I was disappointed that he made that comment when lots of bands* are cancelling because they are aware it's in the best interest right now not to play shows.

*and by lots of bands I do mean bands of all levels, including ones smaller/the same size as Knuckle Puck who also need the money

3. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Lol yes and Reddit is used as a source when it fits your weird ass narrative?

4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I mean someone who was at the show posted a direct quote of what he said, it's not a narrative thing

5. Joe Taylor has downplayed the virus since March of 2020 lol. That’s not shocking to me at all

He’s posted some pretty weird shit about it (some of it has been borderline anti vax)

Joe4th, Contender, solxace and 3 others like this.
  6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I should make it clear that bands need to make money right now and I'm not shaming bands trying to make touring work in a safe capacity in the coming weeks but based on what he said at the show, what was mentioned above about his social media posts, and the fact that bands their size and smaller are cancelling right now despite also needing the money, it all just rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm from roughly the same area this entire band is from and I've been into (although I'm not a huge fan but that's completely aside from the point) them for years now so I don't have some weird agenda against them, I just am disappointed that they seem to be downplaying the current COVID surge/Omicron, and apparently, the virus as a whole.

7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Someone else posted about what he said at the show too so he definitely said it

8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Dude sounds like an asshole but I can’t be too upset with a pop punk band when this is the governments official line on this variant

9. btr

Trusted Supporter

Eh, who cares really. Everyone has their own opinion on it and i doubt anyone is getting their thoughts and beliefs altered by someone at a pop punk show.

In one ear and out the other with all the other ramblings in between songs that happen at every show ever

10. As someone who is currently getting their ass kicked by the virus, I care. And I’m sure many others do too.

What a stupid fucking take lmao

11. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

the dumbest thing i've read today.

koryoreo and Anthony_ like this.
  12. btr

Trusted Supporter

Yeah my bad, bad comment now that i thought about it. Not to excuse it but i can personally think of 3 shows i've been to where bands who "do right" have said something along the same line of "who cares, let's have fun" or "who cares, what matters is that you're here" etc. Just seems like something that is said now

13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

14. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

"Disposable Life", as in the people for whom Covid is "that bad"?

15. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I hope the other 4 songs aren't as uninteresting as "levitate".

16. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Gasoline is fine (it's out in NZ).

I still prefer anything on 20/20 over the two singles released though.

17. ItsAndrew Jan 11, 2022
    (Last edited: Jan 11, 2022)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Re: the comment that everyone has their own opinion

I dunno, I'd much rather support artists who are getting on stage and talking about how grateful they are to be able to perform on stage again because people are getting vaccinated/boosted and spreading that kind of message. Not "I had COVID and it wasn't that bad". I mean, that's probably true for his case, but everyone is different and there really felt like no reason to mention that.

Edit: He did apologize but just wanna add regarding the above comment, if you're not actually listening to what band members are saying on stage and as a result deciding whether they deserve your support or not based on what they say...well, you might want to consider doing that in the future.

18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Also since no one has shared this in here yet, he did apologize for what he said

19. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Good on Joe for owning up to it.

peripheralvision likes this.
  20. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

New song on streaming. What happened to their ability to write hooks? Feels lifeless.

peripheralvision likes this.
  21. btr

Trusted Supporter

Last track Here’s Your Letter is in fact a blink cover

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

DyingGaslight and Nate_Johnson like this.
  23. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Lonely Island is a friggin banger and I really hope they go with this sort of vibe on their next release. It feels like the next logical progression after 20/20.

Gasoline and Levitate have also really grown on me aswell :) Here's Your Letter is also super tasteful and they literally nailed the guitar tones so well on it.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  24. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Hoping that I enjoy this, the first single didn't really do it for me. I have high hopes for these guys to continue their progression after 20/20.

25. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Wow it really does end with a Blink cover. Weird choice.

EP is fine I think "Lonely Island" is the best track but it just sounds like Knuckle Puck. Just kinda feels like a b-side EP.