Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Knuckle Puck - 20/20 (September 18, 2020) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Feb 20, 2020.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

Just found this. The audio is terrible. Was it like this for the actual stream, or is this just a bad rip?

2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

No way it was like that for the stream. They played at the best sounding venue in Chicago and Audiotree put on the show (who obviously deal with high quality recordings), must have been the person recording. I’ve watched numerous STAGED streams so far and they’ve all sounded great.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  3. manoverboard365

Trusted

Ah that's good to know. Hopefully a better quality rip floats up. Still bummed I missed it live! Been listening to this album almost daily.

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Play a few drive in shows with Hot Mulligan
    Knuckle Puck

5. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Man this record absolutely rules. I can’t believe I only stumbled on it last week. The TEB vibes in Earthquake and Green Eyes are immaculate. Awesome record start to finish.

sonder likes this.
  6. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Also agree regarding the production. It’s excellent on this.

7. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

8. johnthegawd

@theinsideoutband

cheers!

9. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This album rules.

10. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Yes it does. Has not left my rotation since it was released.

j0nnymarrzbar and sonder like this.
  11. j0nnymarrzbar Dec 1, 2021
    (Last edited: Dec 1, 2021)
    j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Sounds pre-Shapeshifter'ish. Definitely less poppy than anything on 20/20!

earthlight likes this.
  12. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Liked this song, not as immediate for me as anything on 20/20 though

13. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Kind of a blah song. They need to expand their sound a little, everything is starting to feel really same-y.

peripheralvision likes this.
  15. danielalee12

Regular

Agreed. I wish they would explore further in the direction they were going in Unititled from Copacetic.

16. Wish this band took the route Grayscale did. Everything from this band mostly blends together for me.

FTank and koryoreo like this.
  17. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Seems like a b-side.

18. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah this band fell off after Copacetic for me. They’ve had a few bangers, but most of their stuff runs together for me and sounds too samey.

19. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

I've liked all of their albums a lot, but this the most forgettable KP song I've ever heard.

20. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I thought 20/20 was a natural and strong progression for them. This song seems like a bit of a backtrack.

JamesMichael likes this.
  21. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

100% my thoughts. Real shame as I thought 20/20 was awesome.

22. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

This is from the marketing that was emailed out today

So I guess new album/music coming next year? Hope the next single is a bit more interesting.

earthlight likes this.
  23. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

Funnily enough that's how I feel about that new Grayscale record, it all sounds the same.

24. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

The Grayscale one is a nice little record. Good stepping stone for something better though imo

25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

They played a show yesterday (rescheduled holiday show) in Chicago which was an eyebrow raise from me because of the current virus situation, but they're not the only band playing shows right now so it was whatever. But then on Reddit I read from someone who was at the show the lead singer said "don't be scared of Omicron. I had it, it's not that bad" which is totally missing the point of why shows are being cancelled (because the virus is everywhere now and in an attempt to not help with the spread/mess up some peoples lives due to the spread, shows are being postponed/cancelled). Kinda disappointing that he would say such a thing.