Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Knives Out (Rian Johnson, November 27th, 2019) Movie • Page 22

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by aoftbsten, Sep 4, 2018.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

Knives Out 2: Knives Chau

2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Has there ever been a more "Well duhhh" answer to a question about a sequel to a movie? Would love to see a series of Blanc films

3. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

The Hole in the Donut Hole

Brent and aoftbsten like this.
  4. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Knives Out 2: That's Not A Knife That's A Spoon!

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

We already decided Adam Driver has to be in this so if that doesn’t end up happening we have to riot.

6. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Adam Driver plays every character, but he's so good at it we all still think Daniel Craig and Ana de Armas are starring

7. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

I am assuming the only person who will remain is Craig and I cant even imagine them having a better cast but I love to be proved wrong

8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I want as much as the original cast to return playing completely different characters. Add in some new faces too

coleslawed likes this.
  9. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

Now that would be interesting ! I would probably prefer a different cast altogether tho

Steve Buscemi please bless us

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Adam Driver, Kelly Marie Tran, and now Steve Buscemi (thanks to @angel paste) are at the top of my wish list.

EASheartsVinyl and Rowan5215 like this.
  11. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I don’t know how they’ll replicate the magic of the first one. But I trust Johnson.

12. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I want Driver so bad

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  13. [​IMG]

14. drewinseries

Drew

Knives Out: The Donut Hole Is Deeper

coleslawed likes this.
  15. Lucas27

Trusted

Knives Out 2...

16. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Morning Bell

TSLROCKS and phaynes12 like this.
  17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

18. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Finally saw this... just so damn good. Better than expected with praise from a co-worker who has the same taste as me with music/movies. Felt like Ransom had something to do with it the second he helped her out getting away from the house, but still wasn't sure. Just super fun all around and definitely ready to watch it again at least 2-3 times in the coming days/weeks (especially with the directors commentary file).

Also, my daughter walked into the living room during the line about masturbation and asked what that meant so that was.... fun to have me and my wife go NOTHING real quick lol.

19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

You did? Haha nice.

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed and aoftbsten like this.
  21. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Rian used to date this real piece of work from my small hometown. The more I think about it the more insane that pairing seems. He came to the birthday party of one of my best friends and was super nice and quiet. The previous summer all my friends and I were losing our shit over Brick, so at the end of the night we, without even realizing it, all drunkenly lined up to gush to him about how much we loved his film. I'm pretty sure we creeped the hell out of him, but he took it in stride and graciously thanked each one of us.

Anyway, I absolutely loved this and will watch it 1000 times. It's the type of movie I will want to throw on for comfort when I'm sick and that's the highest praise.

22. Driving2theBusStation Feb 19, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 19, 2020)
    Driving2theBusStation

Regular

This was fun. This was a LOT of fun. Every actor chewed the scenery, the story was engaging from second one and got more interesting from there and I was 100% enthralled by how lived-in everything felt. The costumes and set design...I was pausing a lot and gawking at all of the little details, all of the knick knacks, installations and furnishings adorning their fascinating and creepy mansion. It felt like there were dozens of stories being communicated there alone, so I'm hyped to rewatch it again and discover any that might be there. Between this, Parasite, OUATIH, The Lighthouse, Midsommar, and more, what a year 2019 has been as far as production design.

aoftbsten likes this.
  23. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Very good year for original films. It's strange in a year that I would have assumed would be defined by big blockbuster finales (Endgame, Star Wars, Game of Thrones).

24. lol

mad and Cameron like this.
  25. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Rian Johnson go on Blank Check

aspeedomodel, coleslawed and Brent like this.