Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kishi Bashi - Sonderlust (September 16, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Jul 13, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Really cool album, going to need more listens for it all to sink in

2. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Liked this a lot. Probably his most consistent and definitely his most mature.

3. irthesteve

I'd agree with those for the most part, I did miss the poppier moments on first listen, but that's noty a bad thing

4. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, there's definitely not a Mr. Steak on this album. I think the closest it gets is Honeybody.

5. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

Definitely listen to 151a. I personally think it's his best and tells a great story!

6. LionInMyPocket

I think 151a>Lighght>Sonderlust. Idk I fell in love with 151a and Lighght was pretty good but haven't enjoyed what I've heard of Sonderlust yet. to be fair only got through the first 4 songs on the album so far.

7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Can't Let Go, Juno is my favorite on here.

8. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I fucking love this album. Whoa. Relatively unfamiliar with him, so not sure if this is an artist fans hate Kishi being compared to, but a lot of Illinoise-era (with a touch of Adz) Sufjan vibes on this thing.

9. irthesteve

You gotta backtrack to his other two albums ASAP

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  10. LionInMyPocket

This album is prob my least favorite. Definitely try 151a it was one of my favorite albums that year!

11. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I still think this is great. Statues in a Gallery is probably my favorite at the moment.

12. irthesteve

I love this one more and more as I listen, but yeah there is no way this surpasses 151a for me

13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

excited to check this out

14. I really dislike the opener and closer to this record, but otherwise I'm obsessed with tracks 2-8 and it's up there with my favorite feel-good albums of the year.

15. Guess I should too :teethsmile: I'd never heard of Kishi Bashi before, I only listened to Sonderlust because it was streaming on NPR and I felt like giving some random albums a chance

16. irthesteve

Yeah if you like this one then definitely go back to the other two!

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  17. irthesteve

18. irthesteve

He put on an amazing show Monday, really worth seeing live. He does some really fantastic looping and the whole show is just extremely fun.