Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle (Vaughn, Sept. 22, 2017) Movie • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 27, 2016.

1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Yep, that's like exactly what he said haha. Merlin dying seemed really unnecessary too. I still enjoyed the movie overall, but the writing was really sloppy.

2. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Yea, it seemed so sudden. Like, it wasn’t set up at all. I mean, I remember Egsy’s dad sacrificing himself from the first movie... but to suddenly call that back and have him immediately die just felt off.

I still liked the movie, but the first was way better.

aoftbsten likes this.
  3. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yep, definitely agree with these thoughts. I thought the actual death scene was well written but it was out of nowhere and is a massive loss when they’re planning a third film.

4. Serh Dec 26, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 23, 2018)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Rewatched this today. It's still good but I'm a bit more disappointed with it as my issues with it still hold. I also heard that Merlin was originally supposed to survive the explosion. Turns out the test audience didn't like that when they first saw it so it was changed to him dying instead. Even though I love that John Denver scene (not as great as Logan Lucky's!), I'm really gonna miss Mark Strong playing a good guy in a good film. Sounds like he'll be doing the villain thing again in Shazam

Also, the reason Vaughn decided to kill Roxy and others off was to - I guess - build stakes that would more or less make it seem less absurd that Harry came back, so don't expect any more revivals in Kingsman 3

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Still better than Kick-Ass, so you know, it's not Vaughn's worst film

6. Davjs

Trusted

I love this movie. It's not better than the first Kick Ass though.

SteveLikesMusic and I Am Mick like this.
  7. This kinda sucked. It’s mediocrity compared to what it coulda been makes it even worse. (And Kick Ass is very bad.)

jkauf likes this.
  8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I dunno. This movie knows what it is, while Kick-Ass tried to establish itself as one type of film, only to ditch that after about twenty minutes. Also, you don't get many good reasons to like Dave, the villain sucks, and some of the dialogue is ass. Here is a good review that says it better than I could. Movie just doesn't hold up that well after seven years

Meanwhile, Golden Circle is still at least pretty entertaining the whole way through, Moore makes for a good bad guy, and you actually care about the characters to whatever extent.

Davjs likes this.
  9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The first Kick Ass is fine. The second is very bad

10. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Love both Kick Asses. Really enjoyed the first kingsmen. This was meh.

11. Davjs

Trusted

I dunno, I really liked both Kick Ass and both Kingsmen. Good action, characters and each has pretty good dramatic moments sprinkled in.

I'd still place the first in each series above the sequels though.

12. dlemert

Trusted

Finally watched this yesterday, and pretty much enjoyed it as much as the first. About 15 minutes too long, but the action scenes still slay.

Davjs likes this.
  13. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I really enjoyed this one. I heard it wasn't very good so my expectation going into it were pretty low

14. danielalee12

Regular

I enjoyed this movie. I was thoroughly entertained throughout the movie; however, i felt the story was way too jumbled-up. A lot of the subplots irked me the wrong way

15. Davjs

Trusted

I just kind of wish they gave the Statesmen more to do. I liked the idea of them but felt like they didn't really get fleshed out like I wanted.

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

17. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

the more eggsy the better

18. Greg

I’m down for it.

19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

The quality just wasn’t there on the second one.

20. Greg

Which is why I’m open to them redeeming it in 3 and maybe 4.

21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Supposedly, Golden Circle was meant to serve as a bridge for a trilogy, but if they're really going to push it to four, I'm even less optimistic of the third being good than I was before. My expectations are, funnily enough, at pretty much the same level where the they were before I first saw the first Kingsman

22. Davjs

Trusted

Loved the first two a lot. Don't remember how Golden Circle did box office wise to get more for sure, but I'd be so down.

23. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I enjoyed the last one well enough, even if it was a pretty big decline from the last one. I'm still down for another.

Garrett L. likes this.
  24. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

^ my thoughts as well

25. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Still think it was so fucking stupid to kill off Roxy. Really hope that ends up being reversed.