Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle (Vaughn, Sept. 22, 2017) Movie • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 27, 2016.

1. drewinseries

Drew

I would not wait for that.

2. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

They said the delay was only 2-3 weeks :tear:

3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I know someone who ordered before the price drop and still hasn’t gotten their card.

4. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Oh sweet Jesus lol

5. drewinseries

Drew

Support is non-existent as well. I've paid for a months membership and haven't gotten anything. It's been "shipped" for about two weeks now.

6. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Ahh gotcha. I could see how that could be taken that way. I don't think they meant it to be but still.

7. michael_gatto

Trusted

I had a lot of fun with this. As said before it's not as great as the first, but it's still a damn good time. I also love the Elton John callback.

8. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Gracious B. This isn’t anywhere near the echelon of the first, but hot damn I am emotionally invested in these characters. It was fun; a tinge too absurd. I think that’s where it tipped to imbalanced.

9. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Very bummed to see the reviews for this but still need to check it out.

10. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

the reviews are pretty spot on.... it's just super fucking long and no where near as clever or fun as the first one. Every "new big time actor" are barely in the movie and it feels like they were all just tossed in their to help the box office. On the surface, it's enjoyable enough because of Eggs and Mark Strong (who undramatically dieES!!!#@!#!#)...but everything else is kinda pretty weak. I gave it a 6.5...but it's probably more of a 5. Disappointing

11. drewinseries

Drew

Lacked charm of the first for sure, but entertaining movie experience. Wish Tatum was in it more. Loved the set designs though, Poppys retro 50s style and the Statesmen distillery, awesome.

imthesheriff likes this.
  12. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

After the first film did so well in the US, the natural direction was for Kingsman 2 to "go more American". There was obviously still some British charm but the thing I loved most about the first film was the underlying social commentary examining the British elite and the less privileged in the UK. I missed that in this film.

13. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Enjoyed it quite a bit. Not nearly as much as the first one, but still a lot of fun. Can’t believe Channing Tatum didn’t have a bigger role. Also, we NEED a gif of him dancing. That was hilarious.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  14. zporter92

Regular

I don't know how anyone can watch Merlin's death scene and think it was undramatic. I felt more sadness when he died than I did when Han Solo died.

I want to see the spinoff movie where america has devolved into anarchy from the revelation that the leaders of the country left millions to die for political gain. Not that they don't do that already in real life, but still.

I enjoyed it just as much as the first, but do wish that Tatum had a little more screen time. I think it could set up a fantastic third film if done right!

15. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Totally agree that it was dramatic and emotional. Also agree about Tatum.

16. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I hated to see Merlin die, but did it feel completely unnecessary to anyone else? I figured they would just set something on the mine in place of his foot? I didn’t bother me that much, but I felt it could have been planned better.

17. zporter92

Regular

It does seem like Tatum will be involved in a third one if they do it though, so that is a bonus.

18. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i think that's a detriment. Tatum instead of Merlin? The movie is going more and more away from what made the first movie so fun and somewhat interesting. It's such a blatant hollywood movie.

19. zporter92

Regular

I mean of course I'd rather have Merlin over Tequila but we can't have that, and I'd rather have someone good there since it seems as though Galahad remains in America

20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Really enjoyed this. The run time was a bit too long and I was definitely disappointed in the use of Tatum and Halle Berry. I felt both could have improved the movie with more screen time and more to do. I was also bummed they killed off Roxy, I remember enjoying her quite a bit in the first. Overall though, it was a fun action movie.

21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Oh and Elton John was fucking great.

22. Halle Berry having nothing to do and Roxy being killed off were two of my biggest issues as well. Roxy beat out everybody else in the first movie during the test trials and was the "best" agent. I wish this movie treated her that way.

awakeohsleeper and aoftbsten like this.
  23. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yeah she really was treated terribly. And essentially just to make the film more American if you strip it all down. Although I enjoyed the film, I was disappointed from that moment on.

24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Yea, they set up for Halle's character to possibly do more when they had her talk about how Whiskey always voted against her working in the field... and then she doesn't do anything for the rest of the movie. It would have been cool to see her in the 3rd act being the one to kill off Whiskey. They set that up and then just forgot about it.

Joe likes this.
  25. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Well, they sort of gave that moment to Merlin. Which, is weird. Didn’t he tell her he preferred to be at the computer? Saying they couldn’t survive without people like them?