Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle (Vaughn, Sept. 22, 2017) Movie • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Mar 27, 2016.

1. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Saw this today and it isn't as good as the first film which I give an 8/10 whereas this one is more of a 6/10. I would have given it a slightly higher rating had it not been for one scene which really annoyed me but it was at least entertaining.

2. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i think im still going to see this in theaters? the reviews arent great (although the first one didnt get rave reviews either)

3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I've been looking forward to this, so I'm still planning on seeing it.

4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Yea, I'll still see it. But based on the trailers and a vague comment from a review, I assume Roxy dies in headquarters, which is a shame.

5. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

It's moderately fun but feels way the action scenes never feel fresh. It's just a wave of sameness. There is one set piece that is pretty great though and I really like Egerton, Firth and Strong together.

The run time didn't bother me either. It didn't feel 2.5 hours to me.

6. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Parts of this were enjoyable but overall it was a misfire. The story just did not work on any level. Side note: I was glad they kept the Swedish princess around and made her an actual character. That joke at the end of the first movie left a sour taste in my mouth so it was nice to see them acknowledge it in some way.

spiffa0 likes this.
  7. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

It was basically an excuse to do more jokes about anal.

8. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Pretty sure there was only one and it was much less uncomfortable than the end of the first movie

9. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

- Tilde references saving the world... and what that means at the beginning of the movie.
    - Elton John tells Harry if he saves him... he can have back stage access then blows him a kiss -- a nod to, yes, anal sex.

There is one more that I'm forgetting.

BMD brings up there being three jokes about it too.

10. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Oh man that second one went right over my head

11. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I was surprised by how goofy the movie was. I feel like they made an effort to make it over the top silly at times which really didn't work.

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, I sort of like this movie a bit less after a couple days to think about it. It doesn't help that there's this really unfortunate scene in the middle of the film that completely outdoes the first movie's princess scene (arguably the only non-great part of that movie) for how needless and offensive it was. Wished half my theater didn't laugh during it, either

secretsociety92 likes this.
  14. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Can't decide whether to see this with my wife for my birthday on Monday. She usually hates violence but didn't mind the first one because it was so absurd. But hearing some of the thoughts above is making me concerned... particularly if it's not as good a film and has offensive jokes.

What do you all think? Is the violence worse or is it more of the same level with the clever use of cameras? Help me Chorus!

15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I wouldn't call the violence here any worse or more graphic than the first one. And I wouldn't call the movie offensive throughout, it's mostly that one crappy scene I could've done without. It definitely has a lot of ridiculousness to it. Just don't expect something on par with the first

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  16. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Good, not great. Wasn't expecting it to be anything more than that so I wasn't totally disappointed.

17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Thanks for responding. Think we'll go for it but sounds like that one scene may make or break it for her - we'll keep my fingers crossed, haha! Can't blame her though - she's great for coming along to films that aren't her choice.

18. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Waiting for my MoviePass to show up to see this...ordered like a month ago

19. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Have fun with that.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

You're welcome. Doubt that one scene will wreck the whole film for you if the princess scene in the first one didn't ruin THAT for you. It's worth a matinee at least, not as bad as the reviews are saying

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  21. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Also, RIP Merlin, JB, and especially Roxy

michael_gatto likes this.
  22. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I loved it. Just as fun as the first. This as are supposed to be fun over the top spy movies. Seth, what scene did you have an issue with?

23. This was a lot of fun. Not as good as the first I'd say, and it's a bit too long.

24. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Saw it today and really enjoyed it. I know which scene you meant it was completely unnecessary and a bit ridiculous (seriously, who even conceives to put a shot of a tracker travelling up a vagina in a film?!) but you were right, it didn't ruin the overall enjoyment. The other scene my wife wasn't keen on was the man in the meat mixer.

We went earlier today (I'd booked the day off work) and I was surprised to see a lot of older people in it. Heard three older people saying afterwards it "wasn't their type of film". :crylaugh:

25. Serh Sep 25, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 25, 2017)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

As mentioned above, when Eggsy planted the tracker or whatever inside Clara. Left me wondering, "was that sexual assault?" Not to mention they showed it going up and whatnot. Took me out of the film