Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kings of Leon - When You See Yourself (March 5, 2021)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ChampsMusic, Feb 22, 2021.

1. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

triptych likes this.
  2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I'm hyped for this album.

ChampsMusic likes this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

oh, another album? nice

4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

like the bandit a lot

5. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

This is out there now. Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but I'm definitely going to later today.

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Haven’t listened in a while, but I’m interested in this NFT thing they’re doing. Will the album be on regular streaming too?

7. yes

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Interesting. So the NFT is the same exact album, just with the blockchain seal of approval or whatever?

I’m researching the NBA one now...I honestly think it’s pretty cool

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  9. phaynes12

someone explain this to me. it’s just a different way of paying for the album?

Brother Beck likes this.
  10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I’m too dumb to understand the tech of it, but albums purchased as NFT will be unique/encoded and limited to a certain number. After a certain amount of time, they wont be produced again. Same exact album (I think), but the limited availability makes it a collectors item.
    It makes more sense to me with the NBA Top Shots thing, tbh, but I can see a bunch of artists pivoting towards it in the future

edit:
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/25/nft...QDUz6lbg1PajcUaztMbOy7cqSJAPGaRMXM3ZTp1YBEYcg

11. Brother Beck Mar 4, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 4, 2021)
    Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I read an entire article solely about exactly this, and I still don't understand it. I'm old though, and everything about crypto stuff / bitcoin confuses the absolute fuck out of me.

I like this album so far though. Haven't got a good listen in yet, but I snuck a listen to a few of the new songs while my kids were eating and the dogs were barking at the cable guy, and I like it. It struck me as kinda mellow and groovy for them, not really fast paced.

13. phaynes12

yeah, i mean, i’m not a collector type person but that seems like an incredible waste of money to me

kyle, Drew Beringer and Slangster like this.
  14. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I feel so out of touch, but I read through that whole article without understanding pretty much any of it, looking to see if there were any bonus tracks on this album in any of the weird new formats.

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Carrow likes this.
  16. Zeke

Regular

ChampsMusic likes this.
  17. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Loving this

18. zmtr

Trusted

100,000 People is really cool. Enjoying this so far

19. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

this is pretty solid start to finish

20. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

First listen I wasn't really into this like I was into Walls. Like Bandit though a lot.

21. manoverboard365

Trusted

Listening now. The opener is pretty great.

22. phaynes12

i don’t get who this album is for. so lifeless.

smowashere likes this.
  23. manoverboard365

Trusted

I really liked the opener, and enjoyed 100000 People a lot more on this listen than I have before. But the entire middle chunk of this album was pretty forgettable.

24. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Post 2010 they at least seemed to be trying to recapture those big hits, which, no shame in that. This one feels muted in ways that Walls and Mechanical Bull weren't. Maybe that was by design, or a byproduct of the pandemic. The singles were definitely the highlight after the first listen, but it does blend together in the middle. Maybe it'll separate itself more after more listens.

25. atlas

Trusted

yeah saying anything about NFTs without mentioning the huge environmental cost first and foremost is criminal negligence imo

as far as I'm concerned NFTs are just the obscenely wealthy inventing "digital scarcity" so that they can own art and trade/profit off of it despite having had no hand in creating it. While consuming huge amounts of energy to do so. this is one of the more existentially depressing things I've learned about in recent memory, which is pretty ridiculous given *gestures vaguely at everything*