Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kings of Leon - Walls (Oct 14th, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Sep 7, 2016.

1. MathiasGeleyn

Regular

Not sure, but I think Fans was a single. At least it was in Belgium. They played that song a lot on the radio together with On Call. BOTT is such a great album. OBTN was a step to far into radio-friendly songs. Since then they have made good albums, but nothing that is really taking them to another level.

Gianni28 and Brother Beck like this.
  2. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I tried really hard to find any articles about it and failed, but I thought I remembered reading at the time that they wanted to push "Fans" as the lead single but Caleb thought it would be too sell-out-y and wasn't representative of the album really. I cannot find anything about this now and there's a chance I made all of that up.

3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

0 riffs. what the damn hell

Carrow likes this.
  4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

This is a brilliant cover, HIGHLY recommend!

vidiviciveni likes this.
  5. Gianni

Trusted

Still waiting for them to write a slow-burner that's as good as "Knocked Up". What a fucking song. Gonna listen to BOTT today.

I think that they're still a good rock band, and for mainstream rock, there's plenty of worse bands out there. They've totally moved into "legacy band" territory however, which is making me feel incredibly old.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  6. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Am I the only one that thinks Find Me is a ripper? Made me wonder if I've actually liked Kings of Leon more than I realized all along

This just came on my Spotify random list last night and I really enjoyed it

beachdude, ChampsMusic and Gianni28 like this.
  7. Gianni

Trusted

Nope not the only one at all - they've always been ace at driving songs like that.

8. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Find Me is my favorite from WALLS. Those first three songs are great in a row. The music video/movie of all three is cool, too.

9. I never go into these guys outside of their singles. What’s their best album?

10. Gianni

Trusted

You'll probably get answers across the board here. In my opinion, it's their third album, Because of the Times. It's a more polished take on the 'southern rock Strokes' sound they were accused of having on their first two albums. The songwriting is better and more varied.

There are some people that only like the first two albums - I think they are both great, but some of the songs start to sound alike, I'd think especially if you're "just getting into them".

Only by the Night was their big break through with the mainstream hits "Use Somebody", "Sex On Fire", "Notion". I think it's a bit weaker than Because of the Times, but still very enjoyable.

(TL;DR - you're safe with any of their first 4 albums! ;-))

kyle likes this.
  11. Slangster Jan 9, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 9, 2021)
    Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Because of the Times and Aha Shake Heartbreak are two of my favorite Southern rock albums ever. ASH is a bit more raw while BOTT is a slightly "bigger" and varied sound, but you can't go wrong with either.

12. phaynes12

aha shake heartbreak for sure. debut rules too.

kyle likes this.
  13. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I honestly love Aha & BOTT equally. Really just depends on what kinda mood I am in. I got into them with Aha and then went back and discovered YAYM, so it'll always have a special place in my heart, but BOTT is a goddamn fucking beast of an album.

Gianni28 likes this.
  14. phaynes12

it's more YAYM and aha for me

Brother Beck likes this.
  15. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I suppose they didn't really think they were putting out a lackluster album, but I just can't wrap my head around the decision to scrap the more epic version of the song "Walls" for the boring one that made the album... How do you listen to that album and then think ending it on a whimper is better than ending it on a bang???

16. manoverboard365

Trusted

Because Of The Times is far and away my favorite album of theirs. Then I'd go with Aha Shake Heartbreak.

Gianni28 likes this.
  17. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Really digging these two new songs.

Brother Beck likes this.
  18. Gianni

Trusted

Me too - I need to give some more listens to the second track, but "Bandit" has been humming in my head for a few days now.

Steve_JustAGuy and Brother Beck like this.
  19. manoverboard365

Trusted

The Bandit has really grown on me this week.

Gianni28 and Brother Beck like this.
  20. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Echoing is good too. I'm ready for this new album.

Brother Beck likes this.
  21. phaynes12

thread for the new album?