Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kings of Leon - Walls (Oct 14th, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by redwing91007, Sep 7, 2016.

1. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

We got a little more info about this this morning so let's get the conversation going!

The time has come for the big album reveal! See what it took to get here. Pre-order #WALLS starting September 9th on iTunes and get the single "Waste A Moment."

Video: Facebook

2. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Waste a Moment is pretty cool, good first single.

3. manoverboard365

Trusted

Loving the new song. Very pumped for the new album. Mechanical Bull was a step in the right direction.

4. redwing91007

Enjoyed the new song, will likely enjoy the new album.

5. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

this kinda slaps

6. manoverboard365

Trusted

2nd single/music video already out. I'm loving it. So simple but really moving.

DejaMoi likes this.
  7. redwing91007

Yay for proper rollouts!

8. Slangster

So Walls is really great huh

9. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Looking forward to this album. Loved the 3 songs that have been released so far.

10. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

This is going to be a great album, have a very good feeling on it.

11. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Listened to this today on my way in to work. The whole album was pretty enjoyable. I definitely liked a few of the songs much more on the back half where they mix up the sound a little bit. There's a really cool drum sound with the sticks on one and some whistling. Musically they seem to have their heads back in the game and be enjoying themselves. The songs themselves I'm not so sure about but I definitely want to give them some time. I don't really remember any stand-outs, and no songs that blew me away. It's very clean and pristine sounding.

I can't lie, I was kinda looking forward to at least one track where they cut loose and go crazy like they used to, and that is definitely not what they were going for here at all.

collin512 likes this.
  12. Gwen

11:11 // Resident Queen Prestigious

I've loved every song I've heard on this so far, /9 I have high hopes for the rest of the album.

13. redwing91007

Just hit play! Starting off with three of the songs we have already heard seems to be happening more and more.

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

"Eyes on You" reminds me a lot of their earlier stuff.

15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Five songs in, kinda ehhh so far

kyle likes this.
  16. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I love how they have a song called "Muchacho" though, haha

17. Jon Holt

'Walls' is a funny old name to christen your latest album and this is hardly a robust effort from the Kings. It seems as though the band has put its image on a pedestal and discarded the music that shaped them as an original, innovative group of bolshy yobs. This brash edginess was what separated them from the rest of the industry and it's painful to wonder if they will ever recapture it. Walls, Reverend and Waste a Moment do show glimpses of their forgotten glory but tired lyrics don't hold this album together. 'You know we sit just right / Let's run away from the night' from Eyes on You cannot stand up to Milk's 'She saw my comeover / Her hourglass body / She had problems with drinking milk and being school tardy'.
    It is sad to see that KOL are sitting pretty on the cement and mortar of stadium music whilst they fail to realise that the foundations of their creativity are slowly crumbling to dust.

18. Jon Holt

*comb-over!

19. redwing91007

I've been enjoying it still but it obviously doesn't compare to KoL in their heyday and when I first got into them. I'll enjoy it for what it is and I'm pumped more tour dates are to follow.

20. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

People have been complaining about wanting their "old sound" back since Only By The Night came out in what, 2008? I think it's pretty clear that they (like countless other bands in the history of music) have no interest in returning to that. The hand wringing over Kings of Leon has always baffled me.

21. Slangster

New album "When You See Yourself" out March 5

beachdude and manoverboard365 like this.
  22. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Very, very excited for this. All of the song clips sound great and Bandit is a great single.

23. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Somehow forgot about these guys. These songs are fantastic. Can't wait for the new record.

24. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I still listen to every one of these guys' albums very regularly, with the exceptions of WALLS, which I haven't really listened to since around the time it came out. If I'm being honest, I usually skip the singles when I listen to Only By The Night though, just down to a little bit of overexposure, but that's still a damn good album and it's got a couple fantastic bonus tracks too.

I remember catching a pretty great and epic live version of the songs "Walls" on YouTube and really wishing the actual album version of the song was anywhere near as good as that version. I don't really have any desire to go back to WALLS even though I remember thinking it had at least a handful of solid songs on it.

I still think they would have blown up in popularity one album sooner if they had gone with "Fans" as a single for Because of the Times as I believe the label and record co wanted, albeit maybe not to quite such high heights as they did with Only By The Night.

PS - Arizona is a fucking amazing song. That is all.

25. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Supposedly that live version of WALLS was supposed to be how the song was going to be and they changed it. No idea why. There are some fun songs on there, but I agree it’s pretty forgettable. I will say that Mechanical Bull has truly grown on me. Come Around Sundown is definitely my favorite album as a whole from them.