Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kings Of Leon - 2017 U.S. Tour Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Oct 14, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes Oct 14, 2016
    (Last edited: Jan 30, 2017)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

1/12 - Oxon Hill, MD @ National Harbor (w/ Deerhunter)
    1/13 - Boston, MA @ TD Bank Garden (w/ Deerhunter)
    1/16 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre (w/ Deerhunter)
    1/19 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center (w/ Deerhunter)
    1/20 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden (w/ Deerhunter)
    1/22 - Detroit, MI @ Fox Theatre (w/ Deerhunter)
    1/23 - Chicago, IL @ United Center (w/ Deerhunter) (rescheduled 3/08)
    1/25 - Broomfield, CO @ 1stBANK Center (w/ Deerhunter)
    1/27 - San Francisco, CA @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium (w/ Deerhunter)
    1/28 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Forum (w/ Deerhunter)

[​IMG]

4/28 - Chula Vista, CA @ Sleep Train Amphitheatre (w/ Deerhunter)
    4/29 - Phoenix, AZ @ Ak-Chin Pavilion (w/ Deerhunter)
    5/02 - The Woodlands, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion (w/ Deerhunter)
    5/04 - Dallas, TX @ Gexa Energy Pavilion (w/ Deerhunter)
    5/07 - New Orleans, LA @ New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival (w/ Deerhunter)
    5/09 - Austin, TX @ Austin 360 Amphitheater (w/ Deerhunter)
    5/11 - Atlanta, GA @ Aarons Amphitheatre at Lakewood (w/ Deerhunter)
    5/17 - Raleigh, NC @ Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek (w/ Deerhunter)
    5/19 - Virginia Beach, VA @ Veterans United Home Loans Amphitheatre (w/ Deerhunter)
    5/20 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Bank Arts Center (w/ Deerhunter)
    7/26 - Saratoga Springs, NY @ Saratoga Performing Arts Center (Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats)
    7/28 - Mansfield, MA @ Xfinity Center (Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats)
    7/29 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun (Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats)
    8/01 - Wantagh, NY @ Nikon at Jones Beach Theater (Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats)
    8/02 - Darien Center, NY @ Darien Lake Performing Arts Center (Nathaniel Rateliff & The Nightsweats)
    8/05 - Syracuse, NY @ Lakeview Amphitheater (Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats)
    8/06 - Bethel, NY @ Bethel Woods Center for the Arts (Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats)
    8/09 - Toronto, ON @ Budweiser Stage (Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats)
    8/11 - Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Center (Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats)
    8/14 - Clarkston, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre (Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats)
    8/16 - Cuyahoga Falls, OH @ Blossom Music Center (Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats)
    8/18 - Burgettstown, PA @ KeyBank Pavilion (Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats)
    8/19 - Noblesville, IN @ Klipsch Music Center (Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats)
    8/24 - Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre (Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats)
    8/26 - Quincy, WA @ The Gorge Amphitheatre (Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats)

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Deerhunter is listed as the opener for Chicago.

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Pre-sale code is MOMENT.

4. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Any idea when the other legs will be announced?

5. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Deerhunter is opening.

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

This starts Thursday.

7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Kings Of Leon drummer Nathan Followill has been diagnosed with pneumonia and is being advised by doctors to take three days of rest. Therefore, the Monday, January 23rd show in Chicago will be postponed until March 8.

Tickets will be honored on the new date, or refunded at point of purchase. The band apologizes to the fans and is looking forward to these dates in March.

8. redwing91007

So it looks like the next leg will be in March? Seems soon to have not been announced, no?

9. manoverboard365

Trusted

This band has the worst luck....either bus accidents, illness, or weather, they always have to cancel shows.

10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

11. redwing91007

Spending that much time in Upstate NY and not coming to Montreal sucks, I'm guessing Osheaga on August 4th

12. TMS2787

Trusted

How are these guys live? Has anyone seen them? I'm not a huge fan but they are a band I'd like to see once. And I'm sure I'll be able to come by lawn tickets for pretty cheap but I remember a video and a few articles floating around when they where at the height of their populatrity that made it seem like they might not be very good live.

13. redwing91007

I've seen them 4 times now and I generally enjoy them. The first time I saw them I was a little let down, that was right after Only By The Night came out. Even with that I went back 3 times haha.

14. TMS2787

Trusted

Haha. Well if you went three more times I assume the second and third time weren't bad!

15. redwing91007

I actually got to see them at the O2 in London when I was on vacation and that was wild. If you can get cheap tickets I'd say go in a heartbeat.

16. TMS2787

Trusted

Oh, nice! That's a venue that if I was ever in London id hope something was there just to be able to go to there, lol. I'm sure I'll be able to get in cheap or even free if Live Nation opens the voucher codes for free lawn seats again. Which I hope they do because there's a few shows I'd like to use them on this summer since I slept on it last summer.

redwing91007 likes this.
  17. TMS2787

Trusted

I had a feeling this would be a Groupon show and it is. I just picked up two lawn tickets for $20 / each. My cap was $15 / each but I figured screw it and I pulled the trigger. I'm sure it'll be a fun night, I spun the opener and I enjoyed it.

I just miss when you could use coupons on Groupon for concert tickets, lol.

18. TMS2787

Trusted

I can't believe that I posted about buying these tickets on Groupon over six months ago. I remember thinking: "This is a long time away but I'm sure it'll be here quickly." Just can't believe it was last night and it's over now, time really flies. I also mentioned the vouchers which I did end up getting to use for this show and I sold my Groupon tickets, so I went for free which was great. We got a mid-level pavilion, row D upgrade for $10 / each. I was pretty happy about that.

The show overall was really good. I listened to The Night Sweats quite a bit over the past few months and was excited to see them, they sound good and I'm sure at a headliner they'd be even better. Kings of Leon was really, really good. I was a little leery about how the show would be but I'd def see them again if I can. They don't do much on stage but it worked, they just powered through 25 songs in 100 minutes without saying much. I personally would've liked more songs from Only By Night but that's not really a complaint. This show would've been worth the $30 I would've ended up spending if it wasn't for the vouchers.

19. SPine

Trusted

When you do the ticket upgrade, do you just go to the box office when you get there? I'm going to Chris Stapleton tomorrow night at Blossom and I want to see if I can get upgraded from the lawn.

20. TMS2787

Trusted

I'm also going to that show. Usually they have a ticket upgraded tent at the bottom of the lawn. They are $10-$30 I've seen. Chris was $15 in Pittsburgh but if it sells really well they won't have them. You can also try online through Live Nation Experience.

21. SPine

Trusted

I sold my lawn tickets for a profit (got them for $20 a piece) sold two for $66. They opened up pit tickets for Chris tonight at face value. My friend sold my John Mayer in Cinci for face value so I got two pit tickets for tonight. Helped cut the cost of these tickets. So excited.

22. TMS2787

Trusted

Awesome! I saw that they opened the pit, enjoy! I saw him last week and last year at blossom and both times he was incredible. I managed to get "VIP" tickets dead Center, row R for under face value so I'm excited. I also had two $20 lawns I bought and sold for profit once I found out that they won't have upgrades tonight.

23. SPine

Trusted

Yeah I emailed them about the pavilion upgrade and they said they're not doing it so I'm happy I jumped on it. I've never seen him before. Nice that'll be an awesome spot too. The more I thought about it the less I wanted to be on the lawn.

24. TMS2787

Trusted

Yeah, now that I'm older I don't ever do Lawn if I can avoid it. Even as a teenager I wasn't a fan of being on the lawn. I'm sure it'll be a massive shit show out there and the sound isn't as good as I'm sure you know. I sat out there for James Taylor a few weeks ago, he's so mellow that I felt so detached from the whole thing. This will be my 12th amphitheater show this summer and I've been able to use an upgrade for everyone expect this, James Taylor, Dead & Co and Dave Matthews.