Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kingdom Hearts Video Game • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

English 1.5 PS4 has some seriously fucked up sound issues

We thought it was faked until it happened live during a stream from a friend of mine

????????? Clip from live stream of it happening

This issue isn't present on the JP version as far as we can tell. JP had issues of sound dropping/missing, but nothing like this. This is a whole new level of screwed up and somehow it showed up in English only.

2. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Glad I didn't pick up 1.5/2.5

I wanted to because my PS3 finally crapped out and I had both on that. But all these issues. I need to stop feeding Square Enix money for the same fuckin' games over and over again.

Give us KH3 or we riot! jk... mostly.

3. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

hahahahahah

i can't even get past the trickmaster

alsdkjflfk

carrytheweight and Joe4th like this.
  4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

The combat in 1 is definitely hard at first, it takes time to get used to. I remember getting stuck on him a lot, I eventually just grinded a few more levels and it made it a little easier.

5. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

it's always when he gets to the stove and he keeps lighting up his batons and i get him stunned a few times but then he's like being really annoying and k.o

6. Joe4th

The way I remember beating him was dodge rolling a ton when he uses fire, and when he lights his batons, spam blizzard at them to put them out

lightning13 likes this.
  7. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]
    no problem

8. Joe4th

This is the best post the KH thread will have. I'm dying haha

lightning13 likes this.
  9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I don't like often so this is a rare moment where I like something.

lightning13 likes this.
  10. It took me so damn long to beat him today lol

lightning13 likes this.
  11. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

You guys are making me wanna play this so bad but I am still nowhere's near done with Horizon, and I have been able to pull myself away from MLB The Show since it came out yesterday.

12. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

When I went back to KH1 on PS2 a few summers ago and beat Sephiroth for the first time it felt like a little part of 8-10 year old me could finally have peace

lightning13, GEM37 and Joe4th like this.
  13. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Never have I ever. And in fact, i'm fairly certain I never even landed a blow on him in KHII.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  14. Joe4th

I've never beaten him in KH1 or 2. When I pick up the collection, I'm going for it. I'm going to attempt 100% completion on all the KH games.

GettingSodas and Wharf Rat like this.
  15. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

What?! Fighting Seph was one of my favorite parts of KH1 and 2. The difficulty made it awesome and a feat. He was easier in KH2 imo

Wharf Rat likes this.
  16. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Beat the trickmaster! That's one world completed. Whew. Finally.

Joe4th likes this.
  17. esposimi

Regular Prestigious

Picked up HD Remix on PS4. Playing at 60fps the controls seem like they are way too sensitive, as if the game can't handle that framerate.

18. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

The games are not designed for 60 FPS, so you're right that they feel "off". You'll get used to the sensitivity, but there are other minor things that are noticeably different/broken at 60 FPS since the game just wasn't made for it.

Most of these are more in KH2, a lot of the games physics were coded to be tied to the 30 FPS of the originals and when porting to 60 FPS it caused a slew of problems. People in the hacking community saw these issues many years ago when hacking KH2 to run at 60 FPS through emulator. While some major ones have been patched, many remain. Enemies don't go as high when launched into the air, you can't jump on stairs in Final or Wisdom form, and some enemy AI is messed up (Wakka on Destiny Islands in KH1 will never hit you with an attack - they will always fall short of you).

We're hoping these problems eventually get patched along with the other game breaking issues like save crashing, random crashing, crashing and losing all saves, Final Xemnas RC not showing up in KH2, etc. But for now, it looks like KH2 is more broken on PS4 than KH1 - when playing 2.5 PS4 save frequently because crashes are kinda frequent for some people.

esposimi likes this.
  19. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

I'm going for platinums too but there's no way it's gonna happen lol

Joe4th likes this.
  20. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Chain of Memories is my fav, mainly due to it being the first one I played. That was a fun year leading up to getting a PS2 the next year. I really hope we see more of Roxas somehow in KHIII. I'll settle with Lea I guess.

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  21. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

As much as I love KH, I always forget how I just don't care about the gummi ship crap at all. I literally just never waste my time upgrading or doing anything to my ship.

Off a beast's castle.

GEM37, Mrplum5089, tucah and 2 others like this.
  22. Joe4th

My grandma is incredibly awesome and surprised me with 1.5+2.5 today. I'm off Monday from work so I'll be playing that a ton before Persona comes out.

23. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Wow that's an awesome grandma

Joe4th likes this.
  24. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I bought 2.8 for myself... only for my mom to gift me a copy of it for Valentine's Day.

Which, like, I didn't even think that was something she could differentiate from the other titles, so that's pretty cool!

(But it's cooler when it's your grandma...)

GettingSodas likes this.
  25. Morrissey

Trusted

It took a lot of grinding, but I finally beat Riku in Chain of Memories. I really hurt myself by upgrading to Premium Cards.

Mrplum5089 likes this.