Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kingdom Hearts Video Game • Page 27

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

That’s fine but what’s the point of her in 3. Don’t take away Ff characters and leave her and Pete doing nothing. What’s the trade off? I’d rather her not be in than lose something else like FF characters. I already had an issue with that. So much was under utilized. Yay it’s pretty. Yay it answered some questions albeit not well. Yay it has good combat but most the other stuff could have been done significantly better is all I’m saying. Just feels a bit hollow to me. I’m glad some people liked it, but the majority seem to see the same faults and let downs as I’ve described.

2. Bane

The spiciest meme

What would be the point of the FF characters in 3 then, it would be just as hollow. Just so you could say "hey there's FF characters in and they're doing fuck all, but hey they're here!" And honestly with the Union X stuff Maleficent actually has a purpose now, even if this game was set up for it. Like they want to use her in the future but didn't want to completely neglect her and then when she's back in the future, people be like "whoa where the fuck did that come from?" FF characters wouldn't even get as much purpose as she's getting now.

And I'm plenty happy with the way it answers questions, it doesn't do anything that the series hasn't already been doing since its inception.

Joe4th likes this.
  3. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

How’s there only one secret boss. How is there no coliseum. How do we only have one interaction with the org members. How and why did they make Vexen the craziest character do an about face half way through the game. Just so many poorly written plot threads.
    Removing Radiant Garden and giving us a half assed Twilight Town? How hard is it to throw Nemo in POTC as an Easter egg or something like that. They’d have done in the past.

And what’s with the weak as secret movie?. I really don’t need a rehash of Versus 13/15

The epilogue was amazing. But that secret movie didn’t get me excited at all. Yozora... really.

4. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Once again he could have written much better scenarios. Personally to me the FF characters were important and to enough people to warrant backlash. So if you didn’t like them or need that’s your opinion, but this game was based on the predict of those characters interacting with Sora and Disney characters so that in itself is part of the heart of the game. I just don’t see how you can look past all that stuff. Once again it’s an alright game. 6.5/10

5. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

It hurts me to type this stuff cause when this site was absolutepunk I would suck from the teet of KH. Haha once again sorry to Bane and anyone. Just a light convo of differing opinions. I’m not trying to be a dick or rude so I’m sorry if I’m coming off that way. No disrespect to anyone.

Bane likes this.
  6. Bane

The spiciest meme

Alright you just jumped off to a lot of points lol

Nemo in POTC, what? When has a KH game ever had something like that lmao, you're thinking of straight up Disney and Pixar movies not KH. And I don't even know where to begin with your secret movie thoughts, I gotta say you're something else man. I'm glad this convo is happening though, I like writing my thoughts out about the game and this helps fuel that.

7. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Am I the only person having really weird formatting issues right now

upload_2019-2-28_16-58-23.png

8. Bane

The spiciest meme

Whoa Gregg taking over lol

Yea I don't have that happening

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  9. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

I think you’re nostalgia for the previous games and thinking of the final mix versions of the games are making you bias in comparison. This is the vanilla version of the game a lot of the stuff you’re talking about can be added in DLC
    SECRET BOSSES: KH1 and KH2 both had either one secret boss or none.
    Kingdom Hearts 1 - No Secret bosses in the original release. Phantom, Kurt Zisa, and Sephiroth weren’t added till the English Release and Xemnas didn’t added till Final Mix.
    Kingdom Hearts 2 - All of the endgame and secret stuff (Data Battles, Absent Shadows) weren’t added till Final Mix.
    COLLISEUM: Most of those tournaments were slogs to get through and I don’t miss them. Battle gates largely serve the same purpose of fighting waves of enemies.
    ORGANIZATION INTERACTIONS: You interact with them all about the same amount of times as in KH2. The majority serve as an antagonist for a Disney world and then you fight them for real in a final showdown.
    POOR STORYTELLING: I think your nostalgia glasses on the previous games are making you think that this is worse than the others. This storytelling was as balls to the wall crazy in KH2 and all the side games. People have joked about it for the last decade.
    RADIENT GARDEN AND TWILIGHT TOWN: Any lost time spent in those worlds was more than made up in all of the Disney worlds which were freaking enormous.
    NEMO: Pixar and Disney Animation don’t intermingle. They are owned by the same parent company but are separate entities. so it isn’t cut and dry. Disney also has a firm leash on the various properties interacting with one another.

Anthony_, Joe4th, GEM37 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

"Kingdom Hearts 3 was bad because Nemo didn't make a cameo in Pirates of the Caribbean" is not a take I expected to hear but here we are.

11. Fucking Dustin

I like that take though it's the kinda galaxybrain take we need

Bane and Joe4th like this.
  12. Fucking Dustin

Toy Story world should've had Hank Hill mowing the lawn when you left Andy's house

gonz (Alex), Joe4th and Davjs like this.
  13. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

That’s not exactly what I said. Don’t be a dick.

14. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I just meant I could have used more magic in the game. It’s bland. Having a cool little secret like spotting Nemo or even talking to him. Would be something Kingdom Hearts would normally do. Didn’t have to be that exactly. I just wanted more fan service type moments dealing with Disney characters.

I apologized for coming off rude. You guys love the game. I only like it. Neither of us are going to change each other’s minds.

15. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

did I miss a part where Nemo was in the original games

16. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

No. It was an example. Pertaining to things I think this game is missing. Magic. Cool moments with Disney characters. ie Pinocchio and Merlin in Traverse Town or Steamboat Willie/Tron/Winnie the Pooh.

17. Anthony_

Donald Duck said "Let's get it" in this game if that's not a cool, magical moment with a Disney character idk what is.

billyboatman, Bane and Joe4th like this.
  18. Bane

The spiciest meme

Donald and Goofy are the MVP's of KH3 tbh they fuckin went above and beyond

Mrplum5089, billyboatman and Joe4th like this.
  19. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Honestly, it wasn’t until after I beat the game that I realized that there weren’t really any Final Fantasy characters in it, lol. If I stop to think about it, the only one I even kinda miss is Yuffie. That element was never the most important part of the crossover to me.

Another thing: I think part of why I still prefer the story of KH2 over KH3 - and why I think it’s told more effectively - is that KH2 is really structured like a mystery. Both in Roxas’ story - Who is he? Why is he there? How is he connected to Sora? - and in Sora’s campaign, namely in learning about the Organization and their goals. A Long, loooong dripfeed with a really satisfying conclusion. Unlike KH3, which is a Neverending stream of exposition that only serves to continue making things more and more confusing and contradictory.

In any case, here’s a really interesting video with a lot of compelling points. I didn’t enjoy all the stuff he enjoyed, but the first 5 minutes we’re basically in lock step with each other...

20. Anthony_

"The story was wrapped up in Kingdom Hearts 2" is yet another take I never expected to hear but then that video came along lol

Joe4th likes this.
  21. Bane

The spiciest meme

I mean I get it, KH2 could have been a suitable end for some people. It's really about the people who want that little bit extra and don't mind diving into the lore. People who just want the relative basics without caring about who Xehanort might be can be fine with just ending at KH2. Because up until BBS Xehanort is just some guy, hand wave why he's important or anything else he just managed to do this thing. He was an apprentice under Ansem, and did some shady stuff. You killed his Heartless, you killed his Nobody, boom bang done.

Those are the basics. And that's fine.

22. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Not saying that there weren’t doors left very wide open, but KH2 wraps up its character’s objectives - getting Sora back home, reuniting with Riku and Kairi, figuring out who Roxas and Naminé are and then getting revenge on the Organization - in a pretty satisfying order, and it ends with out protagonists, for the time being, safe and sound. Unlike this most recent entry...

And look, this is the end of the ‘Dark Seeker’ saga, not the series - I’m aware. And I’m happy for the BBS/358 crews getting back together, no doubt. But 13 years and several hundred dollars later, Kairi and Sora being possibly dead or missing but maybe not, oh and we’re gonna build our next game off the convoluted lore of this distant past Keyblade War - the characters of which I literally could not care less about... yeah, not my idea of a satisfying conclusion.

To their credit, the Union X mini-SHMUP and playing as Aqua again were hype moments I did not know I needed...

23. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Also, I get that Leonard Nimoy is irreplaceable, but whatever Rutger Hauer was doing was not up to the task...

gonz (Alex) and billyboatman like this.
  24. Anthony_

There was not a 13-year wait for Kingdom Hearts 3

Bane and Joe4th like this.
  25. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

This game is.... kind of lame. Makes me sad