Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kingdom Hearts Video Game • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Yeah, I don't disagree with any of those KH2 complaints - particularly the too open levels. I love the level themes so much, there's so much variety that pulls from all parts of Disney (Tron! Lion King! Steamboat Willie!), but the actual level designs are a too simple and open.

I personally love the BBS deck stuff, it's right up my alley.

CoM is awesome though, I have fond memories of being at Disney World right when it came out, buying it there and just being engrossed in Disney during the day and then CoM at the hotel at night.

billyboatman likes this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Can't it be both?

3. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

One of my biggest story issues...

Riku being the original choice to wield the keyblade and Sora being the fallback. Nah, dawg. Sora is the chosen one to me!!!

tucah likes this.
  4. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Soooo, this is how much I love KH..

It's pretty nerdy, but I love it. Obviously it's a keyhole, stained glass like the deep dive. Has a thimble cause I love Hook. My birthday is the roman numerals *Nobody Birthday* and you can see the key, crown and heart like on the cover.

Fun stuff.

Attached Files:

• KH.jpg
      KH.jpg
      File size:
      58.9 KB
      Views:
    gonz (Alex) and tucah like this.
  5. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

I love KH. The concept, the fact that they actually pulled it off, and the overall presentation... But the fact that it's taken this long for KH3 really has left a bad taste in my mouth. All the ridiculous releases in between... I don't even know what remains of the "plot" at this point. I'm excited for the game still. Does it have a release date at least?! haha geez

billyboatman likes this.
  6. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I am so excited for KH3, whenever it happens. I've grown up with this series, and it'll always be a favorite.

billyboatman likes this.
  7. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

i feel this but i don't have the bad taste because all of the positive memories and nostalgia outweighs all of the negative. by a lot. its the kind of series where even if 3 ends up fucking sucking i'll play it to death and love it. lots of ppl had that with games like fallout 4 i suspect

billyboatman and Contender like this.
  8. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I'm incredibly excited for KH3 but I've really liked some of the spinoffs along the way - BBS is a favorite of mine and DDD was a good side-story/appetizer for 3, much like the Aqua part of 2.8 will be. The wait's felt long, but they haven't ignored the franchise and I'll always be interested in how they've expanded the story, no matter how silly and slightly incomprehensible it gets.

9. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Hey didn't know this thread existed sweet, I can talk about my favorite video game!

I thought BBS was amazing the first time I played it. I wasn't a fan of the controls, but I really enjoyed the storylines. When they put out 2.5 a while back I tried to play it again, but I just can't stand the way that game played. I also didn't like DDD for the same reason, I'm pretty sure thats the only KH related game I haven't finished.

10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

But Birth By Sleep was basically Kingdom Hearts-meets-STAR WARS. How can you not love that? haha

ChaseTx likes this.
  11. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Series ranking for me would be something like:

CoM > KH2 > KH > BBS > 358/2 > DDD

Never got around to watching re:coded. I really really love the card battling in CoM lol, I spent hours and hours making perfect decks in that game.

billyboatman likes this.
  12. Morrissey

Trusted

I thought Chain of Memories was the terrible one?

13. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think any of them are considered universally terrible. Everyone has their favorites and least favorites, usually depending on how much you like the battle system/worlds.

14. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm playing BBS and love it almost as much as the main games. I'm surprised by how deep the gaming is and the controls on PS3 are perfect.

I'm on Aqua, already finished Terra and Ventus

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  15. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

My PS3 broke after I completed 2. Barely started Terra again. Really wish I could finish playing

16. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

billyboatman and Joe4th like this.
  17. SLADE775

RiverCityScumbags Prestigious

What is going on with KH3? Haven't heard anything lately.

18. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I need to pick up a used copy of I.5 since mine stopped working. May as well play the games in order before I get II.8

19. Joe4th

Square has a special announcement tomorrow, and Marvel also tweeted at the same time about an announcement. Wonder if we're getting a Marvel world in Kingdom Hearts.

lightning13 likes this.
  20. PatRFinley

I REALLY hope not. Star Wars I could stomach because a lightsaber keyblade would be insane, but I can't see marvel working at all.

billyboatman likes this.
  21. Joe4th

I think it could be done very well, I don't think a Marvel world would be drastically different than worlds they've already done.

ChaseTx likes this.
  22. devenstonow

Noobie

It looks to me that the announcement is mainly Marvel related-i don't think they'd make that big a deal about it if it were just a world. Though I wouldn't be surprised if we do get a marvel world.

Methinks it's Marvel's own game.

23. tucah

not champ Prestigious

We already have Big Hero Six in the game which is kinda, sorta Marvel.

24. PatRFinley

I guess it could be cool, I just can't imagine what they would do. I trust them though, so if there is a marvel world, I'm not going to complain until I play it.

Really I just want them to use the Pixar films for worlds. There's plenty they could use there.

Joe4th likes this.
  25. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Anyone pick up 2.8?

Aqua's game is cool. The only thing I don't like is the running, it's so fast and airy. Doesn't feel like I'm controlling her, she's controlling me lol