Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kingdom Hearts Video Game • Page 18

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

PatRFinley and currytheword like this.
  2. Morrissey

Trusted

If you haven't pre-ordered it yet, it is 4 dollars off on Green Man Gaming.

3. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Stay off YouTube if you can, tons of spoilers out there

billyboatman likes this.
  4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Reviews are hitting. Looking good.

billyboatman likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

lol

6. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Fuck I thought this released tomorrow in the US too. Should’ve known Japan gets priority.

7. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Reviews are looking really good, get fucking hyped!

Joe4th likes this.
  8. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Honestly this game could've gotten ripped to shreds by reviewers and it wouldn't change my excitement levels.

Still, its good to see its being received well

Wharf Rat and billyboatman like this.
  9. Cmoney86

Trusted

I just picked up the all in one bundle on psn along with resident evil 2

billyboatman likes this.
  10. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Too many games coming out. RE2 and this. I have such a backlog already haha shit

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Sounds like the only really complaint in reviews is the overall predictability of the game.

12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Lots of praise for the combat system which is good to see

billyboatman likes this.
  13. currytheword

Trusted

RE2 is sounding amazing, but KHIII is too long of a time coming. I will likely have this within the week.

Joe4th likes this.
  14. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

I just finished my Complete Playthrough Of This Nightmare Series and I have to say I am both entirely exhausted and very excited to play through KH 3. I'm also 100% happy to never, ever have to play Dream Drop Distance ever again.

Mrplum5089 and currytheword like this.
  15. iiiii623498

Regular

DDD wasn’t that bad for me, but Chain of Memories was the biggest, most repetitive drag of the entire series for me

16. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

COM badness is magnified when you play it right after the first Kingdom Hearts. 80% of the game is a half-assed retelling of the first game.
    The final 6 bosses of Dream Drop Distance were some of the hardest bosses I've ever played in any game ever. I also hated the fighting mechanics, the "drop" gauge, and the pseudo-Monster Hunter gameplay. On top of that, the story is a giant fart, worsening the series story even further than I ever anticipated. I have friends that haven't played 3D, but they're going to be in for a rude awakening storywise with 3.

17. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Haven't played Dream Drop or looked anything up for it. Still getting this next week. Hopefully the story isn't too confusing

currytheword likes this.
  18. currytheword

Trusted

I'm gonna watch one of those story recap videos on Youtube right before starting the game. Anyone have one they think is best? I too have only played the main games, but I know the story line behind Chain of Memories and somewhat of the later parts. But, not enough to jump into the 3rd entry blind.

19. Bane

The spiciest meme

The drop mechanic is like a non issue with the amount of Forget-Me-Nots the game gives you lmao. The only thing it's really there for is for symbolic story purposes, whether that's a bad reason or not is up to you but it's not like actively harming the game. Your other issues with it I could go on with why I don't think they're bad but opinions man yknow

Joe4th and billyboatman like this.
  20. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I loved COM. I got super good at decks and sleight(ing) cards. The hype is real for 3.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  21. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

This, CoM has my favorite battle system of them all lol. I understand why it’s not for everyone though.

billyboatman likes this.
  22. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Completely agreed. Most my friends hated it. I thought it was perfect for my GBA SP. using the shoulder buttons felt satisfying. Especially blasting off a mega flare or Omnislash with cloud.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  23. Dodge725

Trusted

COM was perfect for GBA but didn’t port well to PlayStation. I think Birth by Sleep was a lot more successful when it comes to the console version.

billyboatman likes this.
  24. Bane

The spiciest meme

Re:CoM is overall a better game than GBA CoM, and I grew up with GBA CoM from day 1

25. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious