Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kingdom Hearts Video Game • Page 16

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I dabble in KHUx for the minor bits of story, haven't played much in the past six months or so. Gotta catch back up in time for KH3.

billyboatman and Joe4th like this.
  2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

So do those art pieces confirm Axel and Roxas are involved in the KH3 story? I assume a lot of major characters will be? I don't even know

billyboatman likes this.
  3. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I thought Axel was dead....guess I do gotta finish BBS, DDD, and whatever else.

4. tucah

not champ Prestigious

BBS and DDD honestly have more to do with the story of KH3 at this point than KH2 does

5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Yeah if you haven't played BBS & DDD KH 3 is gonna be a rough time

billyboatman likes this.
  6. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I guess I need to get 2.8

Joe4th likes this.
  7. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Haven’t played Dream drop have you?

8. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Don’t get me wrong I love KH and it’s one of my top favorite series... but the story.. oh god the story. Went from simple to clusterfuck real quick. Hoping Nomura has a way to tie it all up. At least for this saga.

ChaseTx likes this.
  9. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I always thought the talk about the story being convoluted was a bit overblown...until DDD came out and I hit that last half hour or so...

10. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I haven't finished it but I know somewhat what happens

billyboatman likes this.
  11. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Exactly. It was fine and then at the end it was like a bomb and nothing made sense again.. I’m hopeful he’s streamline it, but playing KHUx doesn’t really give me any reason to believe that’ll be the case.

12. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

KH2 it was already convoluted. BBS throws a whole other layer onto the confusion

13. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

While you definitely won’t get the full context of Aqua, Ven, and Terra’s backgrounds I’d imagine most people who only played 1 and 2 will be able to follow along, similar to people starting 2 without having played Chain of Memories. There’s definitely going to be a recap in the beginning of this game to at least get people on the same page of what Sora’s adventure will be.

While 3D threw in a bunch of shit to complicate the plot, it really only happened in the last half hour. You could sum that up in 10 minutes at the most. For context, KH2 had about 13 hours of cutscenes

14. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I was cool with literally everything in Kh, up until they introduced time travel.. such a cop out in stories.

15. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I didn't even know there was time travel in the story

16. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

DDD is where it’s brought in..

17. Morrissey

Trusted

I just started Dream Drop Distance since it is the last one I need to play before Kingdom Hearts 3. The drop mechanic is annoying enough, but having two separate stories makes it hard to care about either one. It is a mystery why the spinoffs all have to veer from the main series in the wrong directions.

billyboatman likes this.
  18. Bane

The spiciest meme

Unless you're like, really bad at the game the drop mechanic is super easy to manipulate and Drop-Me-Nots are aplenty throughout the game and restore quite a bit of meter

The separate story thing is just a matter of personal opinion, I didn't mind it and it's thanks to that that Riku really gets to shine and solidify himself as my favorite character in the series.

19. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

New theme song in this trailer.

Shakriel likes this.
  20. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Took 5 minutes to get stuck in my head

21. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Good luck to anyone who can sit through this whole video. I've given up on understanding the KH storylines, and I'm just going to play HK3 and enjoy exploring Disney worlds and defeating Heartless.

justin. and currytheword like this.
  22. CobraKidJon

justin. likes this.
  23. currytheword

Trusted

Lmao somebody said "I would be worried about spoilers if I ever understood the plot."

24. CobraKidJon

Mister Lyrical and currytheword like this.
  25. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Can this thread agree not to post anything about the spoilers? I’m quarantining myself from them. I’ve waited 13 years for this don’t want to ruin it.

currytheword and justin. like this.