Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kingdom Hearts Video Game • Page 14

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

PS4 and i can’t even imagine arguing otherwise haha. same game with a lot of visual polish, more stable performance, and some extra optional content

currytheword likes this.
  2. GBlades

Trusted

I recently pulled out my PS2 which is why I asked haha.

Shrek likes this.
  3. Shrek

if you have a PS4, i’d say getting the 1.5+2.5 Remix set for PS4 for the <$30 it’s going for is a great deal. i can’t imagine going back to the muddy textures or load times of the PS2 version at this point

4. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

I've been trying to play through KH1 for the first time ever and I'm playing the PS4 remix and it's such a chore haha

5. GBlades

Trusted

I have plenty of time anyway and tbh don't see myself getting anything until after Spider-Man but i'm paid this Friday and was looking to get into it. After playing FFXV it looks like the kinda game i'd play and I have NO idea how I missed it when I was younger.

Shrek likes this.
  6. Shrek

i’m kinda in your shoes, i barely touched these games until now. the first game hasn’t aged wonderfully but i am glad i played it, and the two most critically acclaimed and fan-loved games (II & Birth by Sleep) are part of the collection and ive heard they have aged much much better. for $30 max it’s hard to beat imo

7. Bane

The spiciest meme

Alright I am HEAVILY invested in the series as I played them as they came out from the 1st one on.

Kingdom Hearts 1 is my 2nd favorite game of all time, but for a newcomer....it's one of those examples of "feels like the age it's from", it has a lot of gameplay quirks that you have to get used to a bit. I wouldn't have the game any other way really, because the entire game is completely second nature to me with the amount of times I've played it, but you just have to KNOW stuff. How Sora jumps, the cutscene triggers for each world, the reach of his attacks.....there's a bunch. It frustrates me to know that it IS a thing that can have people hung up on it, and not everyone can get past those hangups, but I think it's just such a fuckin special and magical game.

currytheword likes this.
  8. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

It is a special game, but you can't ignore faults. It is utterly directionless at times which can be super frustrating.

9. Bane

The spiciest meme

And Re:CoM > GBA CoM

It takes some time to get into and you really have to put in the work, but Re:CoM pays in dividends with the quality of life changes it has and the difficulty balances.

10. Bane

The spiciest meme

I never said to ignore them lol, and the cutscene triggers for each world is basically what I meant for that. Deep Jungle especially is notorious for that.

11. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Ahh, I get what you mean now. Yeah, the Jungle is by far the worst. Jesus, I hated that level. I'm stuck on Ursala right now

12. GBlades

Trusted

I'll definitely look into it further and might just get it in time for Christmas. Hopefully by that time I'll have dented my "to play" pile lol

Shrek likes this.
  13. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

14. currytheword

Trusted

How is this game not out yet god damn it.

15. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Pretty accurate

16. CobraKidJon

nograce likes this.
  17. Bane

The spiciest meme

OK THEN

18. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

"poo" bear lol

19. Dodge725

Trusted

Watched 358/2 Days for the first time in a while and damn it’s good. I’m super excited that both Roxas and Xion will fit into KH3 somehow.

20. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Thought I'd pop in to say GBA CoM is superior

nograce and GEM37 like this.
  21. Bane

The spiciest meme

it's not surprisingly!

22. CobraKidJon

currytheword likes this.
  23. currytheword

Trusted

I called out, and he answered.

24. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

They still haven’t brought those collections to xbox right? Why even bother releasing KH3 on it lol

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  25. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

they sure are making a lot of money repeatedly repackaging these games.

worth noting that although the tweet suggests otherwise you're still only getting the cinematics for 358/2 Days, Re:coded, and χ