Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

King Of The Hill TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by ikanacanyon, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Dale being Q seems so on the nose, it would honestly kill the whole thing for me. The last thing I need from this show is any kind of meditation on current politics, which is why the idea of a reboot does make me nervous (even with the right people behind it)

ChaseTx and JM95 like this.
  2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I think one of the great things about the show is that, even though so much of it hinges on Hank's worldview (and how that brushes against the wider world), it was never really political. I think an update would do best to keep it that way

I also think most conservatives are more like Hank than the loud far right ones you see everywhere. My dad is like that. Rarely talks about politics unless it affects him directly

Also, the show was such a great representation of what it was like growing up in the Dallas suburbs in the 90s. I always appreciated how much it felt like my own environments, if that makes sense

JM95, DarkHotline, riotspray and 2 others like this.
  3. JM95

Trusted

The fact that Hank isn't portrayed as a one-dimensional, southern, Republican bigot feels like a conscious rejection of that idea, given how many writers and show creators would do just that.

I think there is, to some extent, what you could call a political underpinning in the show but it's much more foundational than 99% of political discourse. Hank's conservatism is humble and simple; he has a family, a job he works hard at and loves, a few friends to drink beer with and a lawn to mow. That's his place in the world and he doesn't understand why anyone would want anything else. To me, that feels like an increasingly aspirational position. Any ignorances he has are broadly benign because at heart he's compassionate and thoughtful.

Helloelloallo, ChaseTx and Mrk_Brdshw like this.
  4. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I definitely expect an episode about how Hank doesn’t like to mask up because it’s too uncomfortable.

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

6. JM95

Trusted

This is allegedly the voicemail that Mike Judge based Boomhauer on. I don't think he's confirmed its legitimacy yet but if it isn't, it's a perfect impression of the story he's been telling for years.

riotspray and Orla like this.
  7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

SuddenUrgeJoey likes this.
  8. Morrissey

Trusted

Since Murphy and Petty have both died, are they recasting those characters or writing them out? Since other animated shows have recast characters of color, will they do the same with Kahn?

9. I hope the animation looks and feels like the original

10. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

They should recast Kahn tbh. Blew my mind after realizing way after the fact that Toby Huss voiced him

11. Morrissey

Trusted

They should. They actually used race-appropriate actors for almost every other character.

12. SuddenUrgeJoey

queer as fuck. Supporter

I just started rewatching this series again for 17,000th time, and was wondering about what was going on with the reboot—super excited for this! Def assume they’ll recast Kahn appropriately

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Lucky and Luanne dying in a freak accident would 100% track for their characters haha or they can just be living in Florida

14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

15. Fuck. RIP to a real one

16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Damn, that sucks.

17. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

RIP :(

18. SuddenUrgeJoey

queer as fuck. Supporter

IMG_2896.jpeg

chewbacca110, ChaseTx, Indigo and 2 others like this.
  19. WadeCastle

Trusted Supporter

20. SuddenUrgeJoey

queer as fuck. Supporter

"Daniels and the writing staff are back at work “rewriting the third episode or the fourth episode and getting notes on the first episode. Yeah, it’s chugging along.” Still, he doesn’t expect the revival to actually make its debut on Hulu until “the beginning of 2025,” since the actors’ strike is still underway. (A source tells TVLine that 2025 is a possibility, but a premiere date has not been locked in yet.)"

https://tvline.com/interviews/king-...ahn-recast-greg-daniels-interview-1235076278/

Contender likes this.
  21. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

After Johnny Hardwick's passing, I'm even more inclined to not be on board for this. No Dale, Luanne, and a potentially different Kahn (it's necessary if they want to bring him back, I get it) don't have me thrilled. With Daniels and Judge overseeing it and reporting positive results, it's great and all, I just kinda wish they'd leave well enough alone. The original run is also my favorite show ever so I know I may be oversensitive to it.

SuddenUrgeJoey and JM95 like this.
  22. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I’ll give it a shot but there’s certainly many things working against it

23. Beavis and Butthead do the Universe was great. I have faith!

24. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

It is great, I was pleasantly shocked

SpeckledSouls and Aaron Mook like this.
  25. Morrissey

Trusted

The show can work as long as you have the core three members of the family, but Dale was such an important driver of so many plots. However, Dale's insanity has been matched or surpassed by the fringe over the last fifteen years.