Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

King Of The Hill TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by ikanacanyon, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

2. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

This idea seems to circulate every few years. I would obviously check it out but I would rather it not happen. I think that what we have is perfect.

3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I’d be fine with a limited series

4. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Intrigued at the idea of an adult Bobby, sad Brittany Murphy wouldn’t be reprising Luanne.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  5. Morrissey

Trusted

Hank would be an ardent Trump supporter now and it would be much less fun.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

no way Hank would hate that he's a buffoon , Dale is Q obviously

and adult Bobby is either gay with like a pet ferret or completely boring and normal, no in between

shea and chewbacca110 like this.
  7. Morrissey

Trusted

I hear a lot of people make that argument but look at the way Hank looks up to Buck Strickland despite all of his shortcomings. He voted for Bush so we know he is on that trajectory.

8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Hank would be appalled by Ted Cruz's actions I think and he definitely would've written in Jeb in 2016 lol

9. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Hank would hate Trump because he's from New York

10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I do think it'd make a good crisis of faith episode though, Hank struggling whether or not to vote along party lines then ultimately writing in Gary Johnson haha

11. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Ya'll think Bill is still an army barber

12. Morrissey

Trusted

The greatest swindle is that a rich New Yorker convinced a lot of middle-class white people that he was one of them.

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  13. campeondeluniverso

nah.

man, Bill was super unhealthy and just down in the dumps the whole time. if it's set 15 years in the future, at least have him have something good like a girlfriend or something.

i love Bill.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  14. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Bill deserves a happy life

campeondeluniverso likes this.
  15. Morrissey

Trusted

I just finished King of the Hill about a month ago, and storylines like Bill's are emblematic as to why sitcoms get bad over time. Characters have to stay mostly stagnant, so every time there was an episode where Bill shows growth or cleans up part of his act, it has to go back to the mean eventually. There are two entirely different episodes where Bill gets in shape, only for it to go back to normal the next episode.

16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah and towards the end, just about every episode becomes "Hank is right, new shiny thing is wrong."

But this show stays funny till the end, I'll give it credit for that!

17. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I always enjoyed the flashback sequences when Bill wasn't such a sad dude like killin it on the football field or sticking up for the rest of the gang in the bar when Hank gets his name tattooed on his head.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  18. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

19. Hmmmm

Was just thinking this might be a show better left untouched but there's no denying I'd be excited for it

Orla and JM95 like this.
  20. Morrissey

Trusted

One of the problems with rebooting it is that a guy like Hank Hill looks like more of a myth than ever. He wouldn't work as a raging Trump supporter but it would be a stretch to see him criticize that sort of thing.

21. Hank would not have supported any presidential candidates since Romney in 2012. He'd probably still be a Romney supporter a decade later, which to me would be a very funny plot point

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

yeah Hank being MAGA or Dale being Q is a misreading of the characters, Hank would hate everything about Trump being a loudmouth Yankee haha

the real question is how do they solve the Luanne dilemma

Aaron Mook and Orla like this.
  23. Morrissey

Trusted

This is the thing, though; someone with a moral foundation like Hank is hard to find, and years later it would be even more rare. Assuming Bobby moved out, you don't think Hank spends more and more time watching FOX News or going on Breitbart? The world has only gotten more foreign and confusing to him.

24. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

As much as I wish they would leave it alone, as long as Judge and Daniels are overseeing it, I would obviously check it out and hope for the best. Can't lie, the thought of being on Rainey St again makes me happy.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. Fox News, maybe, but this is also operating under the assumption that his character is dumb enough to take it all at face value, which I don't think is the case. If change is what makes him uneasy, then certainly whatever conservatives have morphed into over the past decade or so would also weird him out

Orla likes this.