Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

King Krule - The Ooz (October 13th, True Panther Sounds/XL) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Wall Of Arms, Aug 23, 2017.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Boy howdy this is a good one

Cody and brandon_260 like this.
  2. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone seen the tour yet? My date is on Sunday.

3. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

HALLOWEEN BABY

4. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

*is when I’m seeing him

5. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

He was super solid last night. I don't know if he always tours with a saxophonist, but that was the best part of the live show. Really brought the hazy, jazzy aspect of his music to life. Only thing I wish is that I had seen him in a smaller room. The new album is the perfect definition of headphone music for me and seeing the songs performed in a 1000+ cap room took some of the impact away for sure.

6. this album only gets better the longer i spend with it. I was always sold on the first two-thirds of it, but it's a trip front-to-back and i feel like i'm finally starting to see the full picture. watching him perform is literally like watching some kind of prodigy. really challenging and rewarding collection of songs that fully delivers an album experience.

Gooddayz and Wall Of Arms like this.
  7. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Couldn't agree more. And seeing him where he is now from the Zoo Kid days is incredible. I adore this album. Definite Top 5 of the year for me.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  8. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

@Joel did you end up listening to this?

9. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I forgot to put it on my iPod yet again -_-

I will, I swear

brandon_260 likes this.
  10. drewinseries

Drew

This album is wrecking me.

11. adeadgod

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anybody have any recommendations if you like this record? Just been jamming The Ooz and A New Place 2 Drown for awhile now.

12. Wall Of Arms

His 2011 EP is seriously so good and gave such great hints of what was to come. I still re-visit it so frequently and hate that it ends so quickly:

Also give Jerkcurb a whirl, collaborator of his and similar vibes:

adeadgod and Aaron Mook like this.
  13. adeadgod

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sick, thanks so much!

Wall Of Arms likes this.
  14. Wall Of Arms

American tour dates...

[​IMG]

brandon_260 likes this.
  15. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I might skip this one because I hate that venue. I thought the last room he played here was too big for his sound, can’t imagine how disconnected it will feel there. We’ll see.

16. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

17. LWS Mar 5, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 5, 2018)
    He played a new song tonight; not sure if that means we'll be getting some sort of a release this year. I'd be stoked to get an EP or single.

Also I think the 3 song stretch of The Ooz through to La Lune is the strongest section on the album and a near perfect way to close it out.

Wall Of Arms likes this.
  18. I had a friend say this album was "a little too ASMR" for him lol

Michael and Wall Of Arms like this.
  19. So fucking rad. "Lonely Blue" is just the best.

that boy, he's just a puke stain. that girl, she made me mutate.

20. Michael

Regular Bitch

21. Gooddayz

always and forever

I tried several times trying to get into the whole album, but I just couldn't. There are some great songs though no doubt and Biscuit Town is one of them. The whole vibe of that song screams last fall to me

22. I come back to this often (still need to pick up a physical copy) and yeah, definitely a fall record for me

Gooddayz and LWS like this.
  23. cherrywaves

Trusted

I finally got around to this, it’s incredible. It’s perfect for the cool, overcast autumn weather outside

Aaron Mook and LWS like this.
  24. username

hey you lil piss baby

25. adeadgod

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Damn, only 350.