Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

King Krule- Space Heavy (June 9, 2023)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Onlyadirector, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

A French retailer has leaked King Krule's next album, scheduled for release on June 9, 2023.

Translated description:
    Archy Marshall announces the release of 'Space Heavy', his 4th album under the pseudonym King Krule. Written between 2020 and 2022 over the musician's journeys between London and Liverpool, the opus proposes a reflection on the notion of "space between", a space inhabited by dreams of love and marked by stories of lost connection. Produced with the help of his long-time collaborator Dilip Harris and members of King Krule's group Ignacio Salvadores, George Bass, James Wilson and Jack Towell, 'Space Heavy' is a record inhabiting the depths of the sound world created by Archy Marshall in recent years, mixing the best of his work in a dynamic and mature set of pieces.

image.png

Aaron Mook and Nate_Johnson like this.
  2. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Seaforth out now!

Nate_Johnson, Aaron Mook and flask like this.
  3. cherrywaves

Trusted

This song feels poppier and more straightforward than what we’re used to from him. Interested to hear the rest

4. Let's fucking gooooooo, song is great. One of the absolute best doing it right now

Nate_Johnson and Onlyadirector like this.
  5. PauLo

43% Burnt

Nice, can’t wait!

Aaron Mook and Nate_Johnson like this.
  6. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

very ready for this. think I only listened to Man Alive a couple of times, I should go back to it

Aaron Mook likes this.
  7. Man Alive is fucking dense but once you crack it, it's so good

The Ooz is still his best imo

Rowan5215 likes this.
  8. Rowan5215

yeah I didn't even have any issues with it, it's just such a heavy listen and life was so fucked up when it came out that I never really gave it the proper time

OOZ is an absolute classic, one of the best of the decade

jdr2187 and Aaron Mook like this.

9. And my preorder is on the way!

Rowan5215 likes this.
  10. Rowan5215

Hamburgerphobia boutta be soty

11. Weird that this is the opener, but I'm sure it will grow on me

12. Rowan5215

totally forgot this dropped today, and new Squid too, what a combo

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. Just pressed play. I always go through two phases with his albums, one where some of the songs are too out there to grasp onto and another about a week later where I'm in love with the record. I don't really expect this to be any different, "Flimsier" has already grown on me

14. Rowan5215

15. PauLo

43% Burnt

This is really fucking good. I mean, I knew it was going to be good, but not this good!

Good call on Hamburgerphobia too @Rowan5215, could be the best song on the album.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah absolutely in love with this.

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Empty Stomach Space Cadet was my favorite

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Sea Girl also really cool and I love Raveena so that’s super dope

19. PauLo

43% Burnt

That Is My Life, That Is Yours is great too. Mostly because I love that saxophone skronk in it

20. Rowan5215

think Our Vacuum stood out most to me on first listen but lots of good stuff here. his albums always take plenty of time worming their way in for me though, his sound is so subtle

Aaron Mook likes this.
  21. With that many scattered favorites, you know it's a good record