Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Gumboot Soup (December 29, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Jan 2, 2018.

1. [​IMG]

1. Beginner's Luck
    2. Greenhouse Heat Death
    3. Barefoot Desert
    4. Muddy Water
    5. Superposition
    6. Down the Sink
    7. The Great Chain of Being
    8. The Last Oasis
    9. All Is Known
    10. I'm Sleepin' In
    11. The Wheel

King Gizzard's fifth and final album of 2017. They actually did it.

2. Gooddayz

always and forever

Best album cover of the bunch. Still need to listen to it though

3. It's really good, maybe top three of the 2017 batch. Just a bit mismatched. Some of these songs sound like they're leftover from Flying Microtonal Banana or Polygondwanaland. But the poppier and heaver stuff ("Beginner's Luck," "The Great Chain of Being") is fucking great.

Gooddayz likes this.
  4. Final ranking of the 2017 batch would probably be:

1. Flying Microtonal Banana
    2. Polygondwanaland
    3. Gumboot Soup
    4. Sketches of Brunswick East

5. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

ive never listened to this band but everytime i see something about them i just think how awesome their band name is

6. Gooddayz

always and forever

Finally gave it a listen and I enjoyed it. Differently the only album of their five that didn't have more of a consistent sound, but a "soup" of songs compiled together.

Your ranking is definitely accurate. I might bump Gumboat Soup up one with more listens, but man they started last year too strong with FMB. The next two were meh, but at least they ended the year on a higher note.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  7. And I actually really like Sketches of Brunswick East, love how chill and consistent it is, I just think Gumboot Soup has some really great standouts

8. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Fishing for Fishies is so good

Gooddayz likes this.
  9. Gooddayz

always and forever

I despised Cyboogie, but Fishies is the best. Hoping the album leans more towards that, but who knows haha.

10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

They just released this new song today (and it's fucking great) but it's not on Fishing for Fishies...another multi album year?