Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (Guy Ritchie, May 12, 2017) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jul 23, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Jonesy likes this.
  2. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Awful title. Looks alright. Trailer was overkill for me. Too much flashiness. But I like Ritchie, Hunnam and Jude Law so I'm interested.

3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yeah trailer was just alright.

4. Jonesy

Be my alibi?

This might be the movie I end up enjoying the most out of next years entertainment slate

5. I'm a big Guy Ritchie fan so I'll check this out.

6. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm down.

7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I've only seen his Sherlock Holmes movies, but I do enjoy Arthurian legend. Looming forward to it.

8. Jonesy

Be my alibi?

I highly recommend watching Snatch

9. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I second that recommendation.

10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I third it.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I'd go with Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels too

airik625 likes this.
  14. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I'm pretty excited for this one. Still a fan of Ritchie.

15. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

RocknRolla!

16. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I saw this last night. I think I liked it? Surprisingly funny at times. Even more stylized than Sherlock Holmes (on par with 300). My friend was like "a way weirder A Knight's Tale." Pacing was all over the place, which created some really great scenes and really destroyed others.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

$14.3 Million on a $175 Million budget. lol

SpyKi and popdisaster00 like this.
  18. Maybe it does well overseas? $175m seems way too fucking high for this

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Difficult to say. I don't really see it doing well outside of European markets. The reason The Great Wall did so well in the Asian market was because it was an exaggeration of the story done in large part by an Asian production company. It kinda felt like it was always going to succeed.

This film didn't have any relative star power and is very much a Western story that won't grab that same audience.

I just wish bombs like this would make studios more reluctant.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  20. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I liked the bulk of it -- mainly when Guy Ritchie embraces his frenetic/comedic tendencies.

It started losing me around the Dark Forest area. It really hits some low points when it turns into a melee combat video game. Visually it's not bad but it feels too different from what Ritchie does with the first two-thirds of the movie.

The final few minutes setting up the universe a bit more were cool but it's just pointless because we know they won't be doing any more of these movies.

One other big thing I loved was the Daniel Pemberton's score.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

22. Yes. This. I have never been interested in any films that revolve around this time period or the medieval genre

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

yeah same 99% of the time, and I have no idea for the target audience for sand and sandals epics is, but they keep making them and they keep flopping

24. manoverboard365

Trusted

Just watched this tonight. it wasn't THAT bad. I mean the story made absolutely no sense and I don't think I'd be able to sum up the plot to anyone, but the action scenes were awesome and it was sprinkled with that Guy Ritchie humor.