Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kim Petras Band • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Feb 16, 2018.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Wait she's announcing a single 2 months in advance? lol

3. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

par on course for her at this point. is she still working with famed sex pest Dr. Luke?

4. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Clip of it

5. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

PRE-SAVE NOW SO YOU’RE NOT LEFT OUT IN THE COLD

ghostedaway likes this.
  6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Full EMAs set, two new songs including Coconuts

7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

In what world is it her debut album haha

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

it says studio so I guess debut for a major label haha

also so weird that she's gonna be at the Macy's Day Parade

10. Still is and she's not going to stop anytime soon.

11. irthesteve

12. somethingwitty

Trusted

I'm just not feeling these new Kim tracks. This whole era for her has been kind of a let down.

13. irthesteve

In general, Kim is probably the most disappointing pop artist for me. So much potential wasted in a cloud of problematic Dr Luke collabs

Crisp X, ItsAndrew and somethingwitty like this.
  14. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

just got around to listening to that live performance and I'm honestly so second-hand embarrassed. this "baguette bish" stuff was already cringe as hell but this is ... just... so... german. Coyly calling a song about tits "Coconuts" with a bunch of ham-fisted double entendres ... why?

15. irthesteve

She also hasn't gotten any better live, very rough vocals

16. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah, she pretty much lost what made her music enjoyable with these tracks that have been released over the last year/year and a half. Definitely feel like I need to stop listening to her completely until she (hopefully) drops that scumbag one day.

17. irthesteve

I honestly wonder how much of her output is actually Luke using her as a tool essentially. How many of her songs are just Luke songs that didn't have a home, which he reconfigured for her? How much of her voice on record is him manipulating it to sound good? Does she keep him on board because he's the one directing all her musical output?

18. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Things like that do cross my mind as well. Like what if he is blackmailing her or something?

19. irthesteve

Yeah it just feels like a very.... Controlling relationship that she's only ever had one song in her whole career without his name attached

ghostedaway likes this.
  20. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Coconuts legit sounded like a pop parody song in a frat comedy movie.

irthesteve likes this.
  21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Album hasn’t even been announced yet and the tracklist leaked lol, also read on another forum that the whole album is out there and has been circulating among leakers. If I find anything I’ll share, but here’s the tracklist

upload_2021-11-15_22-22-12.jpeg

22. irthesteve

If that tracklist is true, then the "leak" about it being called Problematique and singing about Dr Luke on the title track is false at least...

23. Crisp X Nov 15, 2021
    (Last edited: Nov 15, 2021)
    It’s been said before but there were (now deleted) tweets from her collaborator Aaron Joseph, who denied the rumors of her being controlled. He pretty much said she was actually free to work with anyone else anytime, she just loves working with Dr. Luke and continues to do so despite his reputation.

(He was also saying gross things about the Kesha lawsuit but that’s not surprising knowing the people he’s surrounded with…)

Edit: I only found this

There were many more tweets from him regarding her situation and Kesha. I remember finding out about all this through her Popjustice thread while this was happening.

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Maybe she just sucks as a person then lol

irthesteve and BoldTitan like this.
  25. Spenny

Regular

The bits of Coconuts I heard are so cringe.