Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Kim Petras Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

2. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

no idea why these weren't just released as one EP haha.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

yeah that's bizarre

4. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Sophie track is great, lil Aaron song is bad, and the other one is good.

5. irthesteve

1, 2, 3 simply sounds like a Charli XCX song haha. It's cool though

6. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I was gonna say her vocals are a lil too Charli on that track but it's still a bop.

irthesteve likes this.
  7. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Sophie one is my favorite.

8. Ugh. This. Came across Kim in the recommended artists section after digging into Poppy I really dig her stuff, but I'm not a fan of the multiple neon outlines of her face now bombarding my "Recently Added" section.

I wish more pop artists would follow the Julia Michaels model. Short thematic albums or EPs every few years is more my style.

irthesteve likes this.
  9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Just an FYI, sounds like maybe you just discovered her and don't know much about her. She works with Dr. Luke and has said some pretty not great things about the whole situation. So, take that how you will.

10. I'm well aware.

I'm personally not keen on that, but she has a relationship with Dr. Luke that I don't and I wouldn't dare pretend to know better for her. She's obviously had to deal with controversy her entire life, so I'm not really eager to pile on. Just here to talk tunes.

11. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that's where I'm at. I just feel weird not telling people who maybe aren't aware, that's why I said something.

12. Thanks, but I don't see the need honestly. Especially when there is a healthy discussion about it on the same page of posts in this very thread.

13. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Fair enough, didn't even realize that honestly.

14. username

hey you lil piss baby

1,2,3, dayz up is a bop but its so blatantly a Charli rip lol

ChiliTacos likes this.
  15. irthesteve

for those that do care, Dr Luke co-wrote all 3 songs

16. irthesteve

she calls these the last song of "this era"

17. irthesteve

I find this pretty interesting, on Kim's Spotify page there is a "complete discography" link with the following artwork as the album art

[​IMG]

If you arrange the 11 songs with the cover art, in that order, you get an "album" like so:

1. Can't Do Better
    2. 1,2,3 dayz up (feat. SOPHIE)
    3. I Don't Want It At All
    4. If U Think About Me
    5. Heart to Break
    6. All the Time
    7. Hillside Boys
    8. Faded
    9. Hills
    10. Homework (feat. lil aaron)
    11. Slow It Down

ChiliTacos likes this.
  18. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Gonna try listening in that order now.

irthesteve likes this.
  19. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Loved her two other EPs. None of these songs do anything for me. They sound like “Pop 2” knock-offs.

20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Sadly, between this and Big Boi’s latest single, I feel like this is how Dr. Luke is going wedge himself back into the pop landscape, which really sucks.

21. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I think (not to minimize the issue) but being European can give you a different perspective on what's right and wrong re: issues like this.........uh, Hopefully she wises up?? Its weird to want to support a trans artist who also is problematic like that--

22. irthesteve

I gotta admit, the 3 most recent songs are all bangers. If U Think About Me and Homework are both great along with 123, they just took longer to grow on me

23. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

How’d this go?

24. irthesteve

I'll say it, the order works perfectly as an album, I've run through it a few times like that now and I probably only will from here on our

25. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah what Steve said!